ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC-Naturalisation - Absence Days

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ram14esh

BC-Naturalisation - Absence Days

Post by ram14esh » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:15 am

I have recently got my ILR I understand that after 12 months I am eligible to apply for BC-Naturalisation.While reading FAQ's I came under the absence section. Wanted to understand is there any limit on no of days absence from UK in the past 5ys?if so what is the limit?Also is there any limit on no of days absence from UK in the last 12 months period after ILR approval?It would be great to know this so that I can plan my holidays within UK to avoid any issues in future while applying for BC.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BC-Naturalisation - Absence Days

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:24 am

No more than 450 days in the 5 years immediately before the date of application and no more than 90 days absence in the 12 months immediately before the date of application.

You must also have been physically present in the UK on the exact same date 5 years ago as the date you apply for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Thanks Moderator and also I remember some where reading the below statement

"In 3 years immediately preceding the date of application, you cannot have more than 270 days absence"

not sure if it is in this forum or in some other guidance docs. Does this applicable as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:07 pm

The 3 years / 270 days ONLY applies if you are a spouse of a British Citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:30 am

perfect.....so no of absence days before 5yr period does not matter?
But still good character and Employment History from the date of Entry in UK after first EC does matter?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:15 am

Yes to both.
Char (CR001 not Casa)