ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO requested my citizenship certificate for correction

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ccfcb
Newly Registered

HO requested my citizenship certificate for correction

Post by ccfcb » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:03 pm

My citizenship application was successful so I booked myself to the citizenship ceremony. When I arrived at the ceremony I was told that the HO had requested my certificate back for correction. The HO said to the registration office that I requested it, so nobody bothered to inform me that I wouldn't be able to attend the ceremony. Since the HO says clearly that we need to attend the ceremony first and then request any corrections afterwards, I wouldn't have requested this even if the details in the certificate were indeed wrong (which were not as far as I could see from their letter). I have contacted the HO, but with only an email address to go to, there is not much I can do. I'm worried that I will lose my application because I haven't taken part on the ceremony yet. Has anyone been through this situation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HO requested my citizenship certificate for correction

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:16 pm

I wouldn't have requested this even if the details in the certificate were indeed wrong
Why would you not ask for details to be corrected even if they are wrong? If they are wrong you will struggle to get a passport.

Never heard of a situation like yours though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ccfcb
Newly Registered

Post by ccfcb » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:46 pm

Because their instructions are clear: you mut first attend the ceremony and request correction later. This is because there is a time limit to attend the ceremony.

ccfcb
Newly Registered

Post by ccfcb » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:46 pm

*must

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:09 pm

You wouldn't know there was an error on your certificate until you attended your ceremony anyway so what you have said doesn't really make sense does it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ali_Raza_2244

Post by Ali_Raza_2244 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:00 pm

Hello mate,

nothing to worry, my wife had the similar issue. The council had to sent her certificate back. You can ring the council and ask the reason. Our case was wrong date on certificate. Give it 2 weeks and follow up with your council as they have direct contact of the relevant HO dept. Ours took 4 weeks due to huge backlog on certificate printing.

You have 90 days to attend the ceremony after the approval letter. Hope this will help.

ccfcb
Newly Registered

Post by ccfcb » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:11 pm

Thanks Ali_Raza, it's been a month already for me though. The council said that the HO told them that I requested it, which is what is worrying me because I didn't.

CR001, when they send the invitation for the ceremony, they include the information that will appear in the certificate, but say to not contact them about corrections until after the ceremony.

Ali_Raza_2244

Post by Ali_Raza_2244 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:35 pm

Very strange reply from the council that you requested correction which you haven't....

Do one thing Email HO add all the below email address I got it from this forum (different thread) so credit goes to the OP.

Citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

your first line should be: PLEASE FORWARD TO RELEVANT TEAM. THIS IS A REQUEST FOR CERTIFICATE OF NATURALISATION

Explain your situation in 2- 3 lines and mention that you are required to attend the ceremony within 90 days and xx time has already passed since your approval date which is on the letter. Also, attach a copy of your approval letter.

ccfcb
Newly Registered

Post by ccfcb » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:17 am

Thank you, I will do that. I have already written to the first email address on the list, but I haven't got a response. Hopefully someone there will be able to say something.

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:06 am

I have been through this situation once - not exactly the same but yes a similar one.

When I had applied for my 2nd extension to Tier 1 General Visa - I was expecting my BRP card to be delivered via DX courier service as they called to let me know the delivery will be on its way the next day.

Next day they called me advising HO has detected an error on my BRP and has recalled the card.

I was surprised and a bit angry too - as I was planning to travel in a week's time.

I emailed the BRP specific email address I think atleast 3-4 times before I got a response saying indeed this was the case and it was only in my interest that HO themselves had detected an error and will only save me time had I received it and had to send it back.

They were helpful though and ensured it got delivered in 2 days. And followed up once the delivery was done.

Still don't know what the error was on the first BRP though :?