ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 Year Residency Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dilanm1
Newly Registered

5 Year Residency Requirement

Post by dilanm1 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:42 pm

Hello,

Hope some one can provide me with an advice or an opinion on this. I applied for BC November 2015 via NCS and the lady who assist me advised me that the home office will request proof 5 year residency from my self at a later date because at the point of application I did not provide any. My passport was expired since 2010 so I need to provide alternative evidence to prove this. I'm married to an EU national so rule states that I will need to provide 5 year residency proof.I was granted PR on June 2013. As expected Home office send me a letter last week requesting the information. But they are asking for proof since March 2013 to now. That's 3 years not 5. Have they made a mistake? If I send only 3 years of evidence would they be able to refuse my application on the basis not having 5 years residency proof?

Many Thanks

JohnnyZee

Re: 5 Year Residency Requirement

Post by JohnnyZee » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:32 pm

I would just do as HO ask. And even in the unlikely case they refuse you, you have written proof of what was asked and will be able to fight back. If you want to send 5 years proof and that is not a pain to obtain, send that.

But make sure you write a cover letter along with your evidence. Start by stating something like: "as per your letter dated..., please find attached proof of my UK residence sine March 2013..."

All the best.

dilanm1
Newly Registered

Re: 5 Year Residency Requirement

Post by dilanm1 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:36 pm

JohnnyZee wrote:I would just do as HO ask. And even in the unlikely case they refuse you, you have written proof of what was asked and will be able to fight back. If you want to send 5 years proof and that is not a pain to obtain, send that.

But make sure you write a cover letter along with your evidence. Start by stating something like: "as per your letter dated..., please find attached proof of my UK residence sine March 2013..."

All the best.
Thank you JohnnyZee.