ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Authorisation to work, h1b and residency thru marriage

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

onyeekwo@gmail.com
Newly Registered

Authorisation to work, h1b and residency thru marriage

Post by onyeekwo@gmail.com » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:27 pm

Greetings ..

Just wondering, after one submits form I-765, employment authorisation, when applying for permanent residency thru marriage, how long before u r granted the permission to work?

Also, if I get an h1b sponsor whil waiting, will an apllication for a h1b visa affect the previous marriage based application and employment authorisation?

And if eventually the permanent residency is granted, will it just be a straight switch from the h1b, or will there be further procedures?

I am asking these questions because I plan to apply for permanent residency thru marriage very soon, and i want to know if i should bother looking for work with an h1b sponsor in the meantime or just wait for employment authoristion ... your advice would be much apprciated. Thank you.

darko

Post by darko » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:26 pm

I-765 takes on average 70-90 days as far as I know.

darko

Post by darko » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:49 pm

I wouldn't bother with H1. Quotas are full so you can't even get H1 unless you go work for univ or other non-profit organization and that still takes around 2 months to process. Your best bet is just to do it thru marriage: probably the easiest way to get permit and green card.