ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section 7.13 in ILR application form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

om.feb26

Section 7.13 in ILR application form

Post by om.feb26 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:57 pm

Hi,

I am currently on tier 1 general and applying for ILR on this Saturday. I was away for 187 days in a stretch but I have divided this period in 2 separate years, which should be ok given the continuous stay Rule.

While filling the form I am stuck on one section and seeking help from senior members or someone who has been through with such scenario.

Section 7.13 section asks how long have you lived in UK which is 5 years 2 months in my case.

Another point in there is "Please provide details of any absence of more than six months during that time."

My question is ->

Do I have to provide this information? Will that cause any impact on my application given I was away for more than six months? Does case worker asks any details in such cases?

Thanks

O_Relly

Re: Section 7.13 in ILR application form

Post by O_Relly » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:40 pm

Just provide the instance when you were out for 187 days. In your letter of absence, do the split over 5 years in a manner where the 187 days are split between 2 years.

It should be no problem, as the rule clearly is no more than 180 days in any one of the consecutive 12 month period.

Pg 30 of calculating continous period states,

Absences of more than 180 days in each consecutive 12 month period before the date of
application (in all categories) will mean the continuous period has been broken.
Cheers,
OR

asim ali ashraf
Newly Registered

Post by asim ali ashraf » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi om.feb26, what was the result of your ilr application? Was it successfull? I am in a similar scenario. After reading forum it is understandable that absense greater than 180 can be divided into two years, However in section 7.13 we have to mention the continuous absence that is > 180 days with the exact dates, does that affect application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:34 pm

asim ali ashraf wrote:Hi om.feb26, what was the result of your ilr application? Was it successfull? I am in a similar scenario. After reading forum it is understandable that absense greater than 180 can be divided into two years, However in section 7.13 we have to mention the continuous absence that is > 180 days with the exact dates, does that affect application?
See om.feb26 last update as at 7th March 2017 in link below.

uk-tier-1-general-visas/asked-to-attend ... l#p1157710
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.