ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa4UK Application Travel history whilst living in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nicholasv
Newly Registered

Visa4UK Application Travel history whilst living in UK

Post by nicholasv » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently completing my online application for a Tier 2 General visa. I've been living in the UK for the last two years on a Tier 5 YMS, and since being here have travelled a bit in Europe.

When completing the application in Visa4UK, I'm asked to enter details for my 5 most recent visits to the UK. So date of arrival, date of departure, and purpose of visit. How should I fill this out? I've been living and working in the UK so haven't really been treating them as 'trips' as such. Should I fill out with a single entry that lasts the duration of the time I've been in the UK under my Tier 5 YMS (excluding the times I've left and entered), or fill out every time I've entered and left (even if it was just for a weekend trip to France for example).

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

nasmc92
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visa4UK Application Travel history whilst living in UK

Post by nasmc92 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:13 pm

if you are applying for tier 2 General while in UK. then i dont thin os you have to use Visa4uk website

Please use the bellw link. I hope this will help
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... r2-general

wait for Guru's to help you on this

nicholasv
Newly Registered

Post by nicholasv » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:53 pm

i'm currently on a Tier 5 YMS so need to apply for the Tier 2 General from my home country (Australia), as I cannot switch visas here in the UK. So need to go back to Aus..

If anybody has any guidance that would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:57 am

You do know you are likely to be refused the visa?
T5YMS returning on Tier 2 is usually refused on the basis of candidate pre selection..

As for dates of entry etc you enter your first date of entry and your final date of exit from the UK. It covers off your visa dates to ensure you have not overstayed.

nicholasv
Newly Registered

Post by nicholasv » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:21 am

Hi Frontier Mole,

My employer has successfully undertaken a RLMT and been unable to find any suitable local workers for the job role.. Are you suggesting there is a still a chance they will decline even though everything has been undertaken correctly and they have documented proof outlined as required? If so, what else can be done ahead of applying online..?

Will enter those dates as suggested - thanks.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:44 pm

Undertaking a RLMT is fairly meaningless when there is a person in mind to begin with...
Think to yourself and ask yourself these questions:

Is your role unique in some way that there are no UK resident workers that can undertake it?
Was the job spec so specific it narrowed the field to exclude UK resident works?
Was there not one candidate out of all the RLMT people who could do the job?
Why was that candidate not selected?

Your employer is possibly going down a well worn abuse route where by you are already preselected and the RLMT is jerrymandered to fit the requirements. So stating the RLMT was undertaken properly in your circumstances lacks a good deal of credibility.

Can your visa be refused - yes it can.
Even if your visa is granted your sponsor it is still subject to UKVI audit and that will seriously question the RLMT and may lead to licence intervention.