ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Annual Investment Allowance Issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

loveman
India

ILR Annual Investment Allowance Issue

Post by loveman » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:30 pm

Dear Mods/Gurus

I will be going for my ILR next month.

i was going through my previous assessments i found that one year my accountant has cut £1100 from my net profit as annual Investment Allowance for . and i paid tax for rest of the profit Via self employment which is £12000

this year i am not showing any self employment as my employer income is more than required.

i had submitted this tax return to UKBA during my previous application they haven't questioned anything.

will this allowance be considered as my net profit as i submitted to HMRC if not my annual income will be £200 less than threshold required.

There was no attempt of deception tried as i purchased as laptop for my business purposes for which i claimed the allowance.

Now my doubt is will this be as issue as i don't want make any amendments just before going to visa as it might create more doubts.

please let me know, any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Thank you
Lax

screenprint

Re: ILR Annual Investment Allowance Issue

Post by screenprint » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:32 pm

amending will not cause any issue as your fault seems to be a very genuine mistake !

At Least you have file your tax return and have proof for your expensive claimed !

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:16 am

loveman wrote:will this allowance be considered as my net profit as i submitted to HMRC if not my annual income will be £200 less than threshold required.
Were the proof of earnings you submitted to UKVI for an earlier extension was in reality less by £200 because of this annual investement ?

If yes, then there are good chances that this might get picked on even though the difference is only £200 as it will be treated as a case where you did not meet the earnings criteria.
Cheers,
OR

nethu82

Post by nethu82 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:56 am

Hi
You no need to worry about annual investment allowance (AIA). It is totally allowble expenses. I can recommend you not to amend tax return instead.
AIA is total legitimate tax allowance we can deduct 100% (for some items) from taxable income.

UKVI dont know accounting jargon.

loveman
India

Post by loveman » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:18 am

screenprint wrote:amending will not cause any issue as your fault seems to be a very genuine mistake !

At Least you have file your tax return and have proof for your expensive claimed !
Thank you for your reply

These days what ever amendments some one does have been refusing the visa saying that those amendments have been done just for the sake of ILR and that is a deception that's why i have been thinking a lot to make any amendments.

loveman
India

Post by loveman » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:22 am

O_Relly wrote:
loveman wrote:will this allowance be considered as my net profit as i submitted to HMRC if not my annual income will be £200 less than threshold required.
Were the proof of earnings you submitted to UKVI for an earlier extension was in reality less by £200 because of this annual investement ?

If yes, then there are good chances that this might get picked on even though the difference is only £200 as it will be treated as a case where you did not meet the earnings criteria.
Thank you for your reply

These days what ever amendments some one does have been refusing the visa saying that those amendments have been done just for the sake of ILR and that is a deception that's why i have been thinking a lot to make any amendments.

if there is no option i will definitely amend

loveman
India

Post by loveman » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:27 am

nethu82 wrote:Hi
I am chartered accountant. You no need to worry about annual investment allowance (AIA). It is totally allowble expenses. I can recommend you not to amend tax return instead.
AIA is total legitimate tax allowance we can deduct 100% (for some items) from taxable income.

UKVI dont know accounting jargon.
Thank you

That's what even my accountant has said, but i am a bit worried as some people are raising doubts that UKBA might raise query on this as with out this allowance i wont meet the required threshold.

nethu82

Post by nethu82 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:24 pm

UKVI consider your dividends income and profits in final accounts. CT calculation is totally different scenario.

loveman
India

Post by loveman » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:22 pm

nethu82 wrote:UKVI consider your dividends income and profits in final accounts. CT calculation is totally different scenario.
sorry Nethu82 i didn't get you, so do you reckon the allowance will be considered as net profit which helps me meet my threshold.

please let me know

Thank you

smanav919
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by smanav919 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi Loveman,

What happened with your case, as myn has been rejected for the same reason. Awaiting your reply

Thanks
Manav

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:12 pm

smanav919 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:20 pm
Hi Loveman,

What happened with your case, as myn has been rejected for the same reason. Awaiting your reply

Thanks
Manav
1. Kindly refrain from digging up topics that are more than 2.5 years old.

2. The user is already a British citizen.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/settlement-f ... l#p1719758
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.