ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General - Internal job transfer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Tier 2 General - Internal job transfer

Post by gregshukla » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:39 pm

Hello

I am currently on a Tier-2 General visa valid for 5 years. I have been with my current employer for over 8 years.

Internal job opportunities come up frequently in my company, and I am considering applying for one of them.

My SOC code currently is - SOC code 2136. This SOC code refers to software Engineers and Programmers.
I will always continue to be in the same SOC code for the rest of my career with this company.

The Gov.UK website only has this guidance - “You won’t need to make a new application if you’ll be staying with your current employer but your job will change in other ways, eg you want to change to a job in the same SOC code, or your pay will increase."

Would I need to get a new Tier-2 General visa if I applied for an internal job role and got it? Or is my visa tied *very specifcally* to the exact team mentioned during my RLMT for Tier-2?

Thanks in advance!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Tier 2 General - Internal job transfer

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:13 pm

No need to get a new visa as long as you follow the rules you have already found for yourself.
If the SOC is the same and the employer remains the same you have move internally whiteout any issues.

Good luck with your endeavours on promotion :D