ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

changing work permit, possible implications

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andy slater
Newly Registered

changing work permit, possible implications

Post by andy slater » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of the following or any ideal of what the immigration services may do?

My girlfriend is South African and was sucessful in applying for a 5 year work permit approximately 12 months ago (after working here for a year on a standard 2 year visa). Shortly after this I got offered a good job in the midlands (we were in London) so she came with me, finding an employer in the area offering the same position and switching her work permit to this employer (cost us approx £800.00 - she went through agency). At this point the immigration services changed her work permit so that it had a review/re-application process 18 months from re-issue to new employer.

I have now been offered a great job up north which I cannot turn down, my family and friends are up there and the job offer is very hard to refuse, both money and prospects wise.

My question is - if she looks at changing her Permit to a different employer again (which would be 2nd time in a year) what are the immigration services likely to do? I she likely to be refused, have the permit completed revoked, be issued on a 12 month status?

I love her to bits and don't want to move without her, we cannot get a unmarried partner visa (sorry forgot name of it) for another 12 months as we cannot prove we've been living together for 2 years and although I love her am 27 and not ready for marriage yet.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:09 pm

There is no reaosn why several changes of employer should prove any problem as far as immigration are concerned.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

andy slater
Newly Registered

Post by andy slater » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:13 pm

cheers,

Just to calrify, by immigration services I mean the government body who issues the work permits.

I guess we'll have to suck it and see.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:25 pm

Yes, I know who you mean, and as I say, there should be no problem at all.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

andy slater
Newly Registered

Post by andy slater » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:50 pm

o.k. thanks for the info.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:18 pm

There should be no problem changing employer in theory.

However, please remember that your girlfriend's new employer could have their application refused. This could be nothing to do with her skils or changing employer frequently, but with problems to do with the documents the new employer sends in about their business for example.

In my opinion it is best if she doesn't resign until she gets the piece of paper in her hands saying that the employer can employ her, just in case of any unexpected hitches.

I hope it all goes well with the move.

Regards

PP