ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few questions about passport application form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Few questions about passport application form

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:24 pm

Hello all,
I have few questions about passport application form.

1. Does it mandatory that date written by applicant on passport application form must match with the date of countersignatory on photo & form??

3. What exact words the countersignatory should write on photo?

2. If applicant got naturalization through long residence instead through parents who are non-uk national then whether still their details especially marriage detail need to give on form?

3. I have filled the form taken from post office 3 months ago then does it change as well like ukba change other forms??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Few questions about passport application form

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:29 pm

1. Does it mandatory that date written by applicant on passport application form must match with the date of countersignatory on photo & form??
No, but you should sign after your countersignatory.
3. What exact words the countersignatory should write on photo?
It is stated in the guidance booklet that comes with the form.
2. If applicant got naturalization through long residence instead through parents who are non-uk national then whether still their details especially marriage detail need to give on form?
Yes, write the details that you know. They use this in the interview to confirm your identity.
3. I have filled the form taken from post office 3 months ago then does it change as well like ukba change other forms?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:38 pm

Thanks for reply. Can the applicant signing date on application form of passport be same as the date written by countersignatory? Secondly if the date of sending the passport application is the same as the applicant & countersignatory date then will it be fine??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:17 pm

Both fine yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:50 am

As one picture should be certified by the countersignatory, but how about the second picture whether any need to write name and data of birth on its back by the applicant??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:10 am

seagul wrote:As one picture should be certified by the countersignatory, but how about the second picture whether any need to write name and data of birth on its back by the applicant??
Have you actually read the passport guidance booklet. It is very clear on instructions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:57 am

Yes I've read booklet several time where no where written what to do with the second picture? Secondly why on the envelope comes with application form having pre-printed address of Peterborough if the applicant is living in London and applying by post then still applicant need to send it to Peterborough passport office??

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:14 am

seagul wrote:Yes I've read booklet several time where no where written what to do with the second picture? Secondly why on the envelope comes with application form having pre-printed address of Peterborough if the applicant is living in London and applying by post then still applicant need to send it to Peterborough passport office??
From guidance ...
‘certify’ one (not both)
Use the addressed envelope that comes with this pack.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:28 am

Yes I read that already. Does it mean that second picture just attached blank instead writing your name & dob on its back? Does not it look awakward to send the form to Peterborough office since there is an office in London as well for London living applicant??

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:35 am

seagul wrote:Yes I read that already. Does it mean that second picture just attached blank instead writing your name & dob on its back? Does not it look awakward to send the form to Peterborough office since there is an office in London as well for London living applicant??
I don't know how to make it any clearer. Just follow the instructions the HMPO in their wisdom have published.

They are not going to process this locally for you just because you live in London - send it off to Peterborough or your application may get lost or delayed :!:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:37 am

seagul wrote:Yes I read that already. Does it mean that second picture just attached blank instead writing your name & dob on its back? Does not it look awakward to send the form to Peterborough office since there is an office in London as well for London living applicant??
The London Victoria office does not deal with postal applications for passports. The offices that deal with postal are Peterborough, I think Liverpool and Belfast (I used Belfast)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:54 pm

Highly appreciation for reliable answers but extremely sorry for asking again regarding parents details especially their marriage date? Whether they referring to grandparents/parents marriage date and whether mentioning it mandatory and how about if it's not perfectly known??

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:10 pm

seagul wrote:Highly appreciation for reliable answers but extremely sorry for asking again regarding parents details especially their marriage date? Whether they referring to grandparents/parents marriage date and whether mentioning it mandatory and how about if it's not perfectly known??
Parents and grandparents details are asked for.
This is not strictly necessary for applicants who have naturalised as citizens.

Suggest answer as best you can and reply with what you know.
if unknown simply state "unknown".

If you really object to answering I suppose you could reply: "N/A" (not applicable).

Remember what you said as you may be asked questions on these matters at the compulsory passport (identity check) interview;
(suggest keep a copy of the form for reference).