ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel while EU1 application pending?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madmills
Newly Registered

Travel while EU1 application pending?

Post by madmills » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:55 pm

Greetings,
I'm a UK citizen with US husband arrived in Ireland March 15 to exercise treaty rights, he got a 30 day stamp and we submitted an EU1 application for him on April 1. Obviously no acknowledgement yet! My grandma was recently hospitalized and we've just been informed she has been moved to end of life care. We will need to travel to the UK for her funeral within the next month, and are considering whether we can travel to be with her and the family immediately. Can my husband travel between Ireland and the UK? Does he need to wait till he gets something back from INIS, or for a temporary stamp? Thanks for any advice.

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Re: Travel while EU1 application pending?

Post by Hamza2013 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:03 am

Hi madmills,

Have you applied EU1 based on yourself exercising treaty rights? If Yes then ideally your husband should have temporary stamp 4 with re entry visa.

madmills
Newly Registered

Re: Travel while EU1 application pending?

Post by madmills » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:57 pm

Thanks Hamza2013. Yes, an EU1 application based on my exercising treaty rights here while self-employed. For the record, the eutreatyrights email address responded to the same question saying he was allowed to leave at any time, but that "Re entry to Ireland is a matter for the immigration officer at the port of entry." So we may have to try explaining the situation when we re-enter, since we can't wait for the temporary stamp.