ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting documents for AN form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wqros
Newly Registered

Supporting documents for AN form

Post by wqros » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:40 pm

HI,

I am about to go in for my NCS apointment. It is based on 5 Years WP + 1 year ILR. Lived at the same address...same employer all the time. No time outside UK except an off week for holidays. What aditional documents are required (other then referee). I am getting very confusing advise regarding this and the NCS telephone lady knew even less. Anyone who has filled a WP based AN form ?

Thanks
ROS

paulp
Diamond Member

Re: Supporting documents for AN form

Post by paulp » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:46 pm

You don't need the references just yet, just the details of the referees filled in the AN form.

wqros
Newly Registered

Post by wqros » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:45 pm

Other than the form filled up, my passport and evidence of Life in the UK test, what else do i need ?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:49 pm

They have been asking for evidence of residency and employment, so it might be worth bringing P60's, pay slips and bank statements.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:53 am

When I went to NCS, they asked for just the passport and the test certificate. I gave my licence as evidence for the life in the uk test. As the guide states that the home office expects to see the evidence produced during the test, I gave my licence as well. But the NCS officer said that is not required and said that the following:
"I dont know why it is stated in the guide, but it is not necessary. None of the other evidence, except for your passport and test certificate is required for nationality application".

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:00 am

That means that you got an NCS who knows what they are doing!

But there is a chance that the Home Office will aks for more documents, it can be a bit arbitrary.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:12 pm

VictoriaS wrote:They have been asking for evidence of residency and employment, so it might be worth bringing P60's, pay slips and bank statements.

Victoria
The only proof of residency a non-EU national requires is all their passports held during their 5 year qualifying period, unless they have lost these.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:23 pm

Yes, that is the theory, isn't it.

But in practice, the Home Office have been asking for other documents, even when the applicant writes back and says 'I've been a housewife for 7 years, I have no NI number or payslips' they have still been asking for them!

Victoria
Going..going...gone!