ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

nationality checking services

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thesaint

nationality checking services

Post by thesaint » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:53 pm

Does any one know how long does it take to process your application throw the nationality checking services?
by a different way I need to process my application during 2 weeks time which I was physically in the uk otherwise I will have to wait another few months and I am a pit worry if it takes long time so I lose my right to apply by the time they will send my application to the home office
Also does any one know how long in advance I should book for the services
thanks alot

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:48 am

f you go through NCS, it just takes around 10 mins for them to check the documents and they will send these to home office by special delivery, which is the next working day. So, you should be safe. Also, they require you to be in country for the next 5 days giving room for unexpected delays.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:15 pm

It's the luck of the draw I'm afraid! In my case it took 3 weeks from the day I made an application to the NCS in my area until the day I physically received my naturalisation certificate at the citizenship ceremony.

Other's have reported even shorter processing times, and others have reported waiting up to 6 months.

There is a large thread in this forum regarding nationality application waiting times, I suggest you have a look there.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Markie

Post by Markie » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:28 pm

The best thing with the NCS is that you do not need to send the orig docs to the Home Office as the NCS will check the originals and return them to you...only photocopies will be sent to HO.
ishameeque wrote:f you go through NCS, it just takes around 10 mins for them to check the documents and they will send these to home office by special delivery, which is the next working day. So, you should be safe. Also, they require you to be in country for the next 5 days giving room for unexpected delays.

thesaint

Post by thesaint » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:34 am

thanks alot