ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR application for EEA family

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

michaldob
Newly Registered

EEA PR application for EEA family

Post by michaldob » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:46 pm

Hi,

I would want to check few things that are not clear to me in regards to EEA PR card application.

I would like to apply for a EEA PR card for myself and my family.

I have been a qualified person for almost 10 years, got all WRS certificates so there is no real problem with myself.

My daughter has been in full time education since 2010 so no problems there either.

Now my wife arrived in the UK in Nov 2005,looked after our daughter and then started work on 10/2009 until 06/2010 without WRS registration and then she started work in 09/2010 with WRS registration (she was late with registering by few days), finished work in 10/2012. Since 10/2012 she has been a stay at home mum looking after our daughter.

I am wondering how should I approach her situation when filling out the form? Should I only mention the work she was doing since she registered for WRS? Would looking after our daughter count towards her eligibility period? I am thinking of including a covering letter with explanation of what my wife was doing over the last 5 years.

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

noajthan

Re: EEA PR application for EEA family

Post by noajthan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:49 pm

If you sponsor wife as a direct family member then whatever she has done in UK is immaterial.
Simple as that.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

michaldob
Newly Registered

Post by michaldob » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:34 am

Thank you for your reply.

I take it I will have to fill out section 11 of the form for her? Is that right?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:40 am

michaldob wrote:Thank you for your reply.

I take it I will have to fill out section 11 of the form for her? Is that right?
Looks like it if this is the case:
if you’re applying for a document certifying permanent residence or permanent residence card because you are the spouse [...] of the person named in section 2 of this form (your ‘sponsor’).
Alternately you don't need to use the latest 'monster' PR form.
It's not a legal requirement to do so.

You could use an earlier (simpler) version of the PR form. Other threads in forum discuss this approach.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

michaldob
Newly Registered

Post by michaldob » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:56 pm

The thing is though that I am including my wife and child in the application. To me section 11 sounds like it should be filled in when my wife would be putting in separate application. In that case I would be classed as a sponsor in section 2. In my application in haven't filled out section 2 because I don't have a sponsor.

Is that reasoning correct?

Also,applying on the "old" form. Is it riskier in regards to being approved?

maverickstoned
Newly Registered

Post by maverickstoned » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:25 pm

hello,

Assuming you are the eea main application who is qualified after exercising 5 yr continuous treaty rights ,just fill in your details and follow section 3.

you are the sponsor for your family so your wife situation doesn't matter.

section 11 is for durable partner.

cheers