ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tb test- will a sputum smear test report suffice for uk visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Purplehaze1672
Newly Registered

Tb test- will a sputum smear test report suffice for uk visa

Post by Purplehaze1672 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:42 am

Hello all,
I had tb 10 years back and my xray screening for tb shows some scars. I am to apply for a tier 2 visa, and am already running late. I know I dont have an active tb and My sputum smear test has come out negative however, the sputum culture test will take 2 months. Can I make a visa application with just the sputum smear report? Has anyone tried this before? Wat are the chances of visa refusal with just the sputum smear negative test report?

vishal_2100
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Tb test- will a sputum smear test report suffice for uk visa

Post by vishal_2100 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:34 am

Hi,

What was the outcome?
I too have a similar situation, had TB 18 years ago and now I dont have any disease. But because of old scars and leshions I have to go through sputum test if even though my Xray, CT Scans and chest physician reports are fine.

I have started sputum tests and first provisional report will be out in 2 weeks and I am sure it will be negative.

Can I get TB fitness certificate based on 2 weeks provisional report?

My employer cant wait for 8 weeks.

I am really worried that I will lose the opportunity.

Please let me know about your experience.

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Tb test- will a sputum smear test report suffice for uk visa

Post by ashishkm » Wed May 16, 2018 9:28 am

This is all depends on the UK designated TB screening centre authorisation. you can visit gov.uk tb test page to find out respective diagnostic centres and get the opinion from authorised doctors

What ever they authorise is 'final' and that alone supports ur VISA application accordingly