ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I may qualify for 3 routes - Fncl Rqrmnt - which to choose?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

noelnoelnoel
Newly Registered

I may qualify for 3 routes - Fncl Rqrmnt - which to choose?

Post by noelnoelnoel » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:14 pm

I appreciate this may be a bit complex but would appreciate any feedback/thoughts -THANK YOU!

I (UK citizen) am looking to reapply for a spouse visa for my wife (Russian national) after being refused.

My questions are about the following;

Appealing;
I think that we were rejected for 2 reasons.
1 - Because they did not have enough financial evidence,
2 - because I did not include the document 'Appendix 2'.

I am sure that I had given enough financial information and proof to pass the £18,600 threshold and when I get the documents back (this coming Saturday) I will be checking to make sure.
If I can prove that I gave them the documents - and that they pass the threshold - can I then appeal?
I have read that it is possible to appeal because they didn't contact me to ask for the Appendix 2 form - is this correct?

Reapplying;
If I cannot appeal and decide to reapply then I wonder, what would be the best Financial Requirement route for me?

In the last year I have been employed by 3 different employers and I initially applied under Category B. From May 2015 to present I have evidence of earning more than £22,000.
Since my last application I have been employed for more than 6 months by a single employer and have proof of earnings of more than the £9,300 needed under Category A (I was also working for 2 other employers but this was my main one).
Finally, in the last 2 weeks I have applied for - and been awarded - carers allowance.

Questions -
Should I stick with the Category B application to make it easier for the Immigration officer to follow on from our initial application?
Would a Category A application with main employer be easier?
How might the Carers Allowance award affect things - if at all?

Thank you all - you may save me from going crazy!

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: I may qualify for 3 routes - Fncl Rqrmnt - which to choo

Post by physicskate » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:21 pm

I don't think you should appeal: it is your responsibility to provide all required docs and they do not always request them if you leave something out, also just because you thought your provided 'enough proof of earnings does not mean you provided what they request/require. An appeal would take ages and because you did not provide all of the proof you will probably be unsuccessful.

Look at the requirements for proof for each category and reapply using the method that you can provide everything for. Do not try to complicate things by using multiple categories. Cat A requires 6 months payslips, 6 months bank statements, and a letter from your employer.

noelnoelnoel
Newly Registered

Re: I may qualify for 3 routes - Fncl Rqrmnt - which to choo

Post by noelnoelnoel » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:41 pm

Thank you for your quick reply.

Regarding the Carers Allowance, does anyone know if I can use this as taxable income and add it to the Category B route?

Thank you