ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 resigned from job- Length of stay?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Skope1
Newly Registered

Tier 2 resigned from job- Length of stay?

Post by Skope1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:25 pm

Hi,

I am currently in Tier 2 Gen visa valid until august 2017 . However i have resigned from my current job and last day of my job is April 8th 2016.
my employer said that they will inform home office after couple of weeks . i am now looking for Tier-2 sponsors and hope to find one soon my question is

How long can i stay in UK before i can find a new sponsor ? is it 60 days from the day i recieve my curtailment letter from HO?

If i get a sponsor and suppose my Tier-2 application is refused ( as was in one of my friends case) how long can i then stay till i can reapply will i still be within the 60 day period ? or will i become a overstayer?

please advise?

hydviv
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 resigned from job- Length of stay?

Post by hydviv » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:34 pm

Skope1,

You can stay in UK legally till the last date of leave curtailed date. (Usually more than 60 days as UKVI is not prompt from the time they hear from your ex employer)
I would not worry about new Visa application Rejection as long as I find one A rated Tier 2 sponsor offering me a Job with RLMT etc done and applying within this curtailed date.
So the priority is finding a new Sponsor ideally before RLMT lead time and rest should fall in place.