ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Change of employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vkumarkulkarni

Tier 2 General Change of employer

Post by vkumarkulkarni » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:28 pm

I'm currently on T2 General, have got another offer and they are ready to sponsor me.
I have following queries, please advice:

1) New company is read to do RLMT and issue a new CoS. Do I need to go back to India to get new visa stamped or can I switch within the UK?
2) My current visa is for 5 yrs, I have completed only 4 months. When I get a new visa, will my clock for ILR get reset or the previous T2 General visa duration will be considered even if I change employers?

Cheers,
Vinzee

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General Change of employer

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:40 pm

vkumarkulkarni wrote:I'm currently on T2 General, have got another offer and they are ready to sponsor me.
I have following queries, please advice:

1) New company is read to do RLMT and issue a new CoS. Do I need to go back to India to get new visa stamped or can I switch within the UK? No. You can switch in the UK
2) My current visa is for 5 yrs, I have completed only 4 months. When I get a new visa, will my clock for ILR get reset or the previous T2 General visa duration will be considered even if I change employers? No it does not reset. You will have to pay the immigration health surcharge again though.

Cheers,
Vinzee
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vkumarkulkarni

Post by vkumarkulkarni » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Thank you CR001.

Its a breather that I dont have to travel back. Will I be refunded the previously paid IHS as I did pay just 4 months ago. Or its all gone in UKBA's pocket :(.

Shall I take help from an immigration consultant or it quite straight forward to make a switch.

Cheers,
Vinzee

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:58 pm

You might get a refund, you might not. It is your choice to change visas so soon not HO's.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vkumarkulkarni

Post by vkumarkulkarni » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:26 pm

You are right CR001. Request you to advice on the below as well please.

1) Shall I take help from an immigration consultant or its quite straight forward to make a switch within UK.
2) Do I need to again show the bank statements or I dont need to show funds this time as its a switch.

Cheers,
Vinzee

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:31 pm

1. Straightforward if your new sponsor has followed the proper RLMT process and issued a CoS etc.

2. I don't know, read the guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ravi.bopara
Newly Registered

Post by ravi.bopara » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:26 pm

I have been to same process recently. Here are the answers:

1) New company is read to do RLMT and issue a new CoS. Do I need to go back to India to get new visa stamped or can I switch within the UK?

You can switch it in within UK. But make sure, don't leave your job until you get visa / BRP through new employer.

2) My current visa is for 5 yrs, I have completed only 4 months. When I get a new visa, will my clock for ILR get reset or the previous T2 General visa duration will be considered even if I change employers?

Your 4 months period will be included in 5 years ILR route.