ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel on PIO

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nitinkumar
Newly Registered

Travel on PIO

Post by nitinkumar » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:44 pm

My daughter is 5 years old and british citizen on PIO. Her passport is due for renewal soon

I wished to know that if I got her passport renewed could I travel to India with old and new passports to India with PIO. I know that we need to get PIO changed to OCI but we are travelling a lot in the next 3-4 months therefore can't afford to send her passport away for PIO conversion

JohnRambo
Newly Registered

Re: Travel on PIO

Post by JohnRambo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:09 am

Its not mandatory, but highly recommended.

I converted mine and submitted my paperwork on 1st March this year, and was completed back by 29th and back in the UK, than all we had to do was take a print out of the following after submission:

Date Of Acknowledgment 01-MAR-2016
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
OCI- Number xxx
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 29-MAR-2016
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 30-MAR-2016
Document received At LONDON On 01-APR-2016

I submitted that along with my PIO, Passport etc on Monday and was told within a week we should have our OCI's delivered by post along with passport etc, was relatively painless, as mentioned its highly recommended especially if her new passport etc hasn't been endorsed on her PIO by an India misson/Foreign Registry Office etc, your better off just getting on with it

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Travel on PIO

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:30 am

Just make sure that you apply for OCI by 30-Jun-16.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!