ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of absence from Ex-Employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

igiosan
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Evidence of absence from Ex-Employer

Post by igiosan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:45 pm

Hi All,

I apologise if this question has been asked or answered in a previous post.

I am due to apply for ILR soon after 5 years on Tier 1 General and would like to ask how to get around providing evidence for 2 weeks absence outside the UK taken as part of entitled leave from an Ex-Employer about 4 years ago?

I have contacted the ex employer and i am struggling to get a letter verifying the dates/duration etc.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Evidence of absence from Ex-Employer

Post by silverchloride » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:39 pm

I don't think a two week holiday outside the UK should be a problem... but the experts here can advise further.

igiosan
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by igiosan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:17 am

[quote="silverchloride"]I don't think a two week holiday outside the UK should be a problem... but the experts here can advise further.[/quote]

Thank you.

I will appreciate any other thoughts.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:09 pm

Should be no problem at all, infact you are not required to show letter of absence for absences lesser than 30 days. However, you can also provide email communication to show that it was not possible providing documentation from your ex-employer regarding this 2 week absence.
Cheers,
OR

sharmao
United Kingdom

Post by sharmao » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:12 pm

I agree with O_Relly that for absence less than 30 days the case worker need not ask for any evidence. However I understand this is at the discretion of the case worker based on all other things in the application being in the right order.
However based on my own experience and couple of friends who did not submit anything for such short absences I think you should be ok. Otherwise as pointed by O_Relly carry a copy of your email comms with your past employer.

Regards,
A