ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travelling during naturalisations ,getting documents back

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iwanttotravelt
Newly Registered

travelling during naturalisations ,getting documents back

Post by iwanttotravelt » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:27 pm

was born in the UK, after 1988 to african parents , I have had indefinite leave to remain for the last 20 years .I recently sent off my application to be Naturalised however would like to travel to two places in Europe in the summer.I haven't applied through the NCS and most comments I have read online say that if I had done this my documents would have been returned to me .
I know I am able to travel during the naturalisation process , this will only be for 3 days each time i go .So i wouldn't be missing any deadlines .
If I did this by postal order , does the whole process need to finish before i get my passport back if i do request my passport will this affect my application some comments also said that it means my application is cancelled .
I
.Thank you in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: travelling during naturalisations ,getting documents bac

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:31 pm

If you request your passport back, your application will be considered 'withdrawn'.

You usually get your passport and documents back shortly or after you receive approval.

Suggest you put your travel off until you have your documents back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CelsoPin
Newly Registered

Post by CelsoPin » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:13 pm

That's the beauty of using the "check and send" service...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:33 pm

CelsoPin wrote:That's the beauty of using the "check and send" service...
It is not 'check and send' for naturalisation applications. It is NCS at the council. 'Check and send' is for passport applications through the Post Office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.