ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACTUAL START DATE later than what's stated on CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xizheng
Newly Registered

ACTUAL START DATE later than what's stated on CoS

Post by xizheng » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:06 pm

Work start date specified on my CoS is 18th April.

Attended premium appointment on 8th April and got approved.

BRP not received yet and my employer now proposes the actual start date on 2nd May, i.e. 2 weeks later than what's stated on the CoS.

Any problem with this? Is this likely to impact future ILR application?

Three years ago when I first switched into Tier 2 I was in a similar but even worse situation. My employer put March 2013 on my CoS as work start date, got my visa in April 2013 but my employer did not let me start work until July.

I'm worried about my ILR application in two years time. Many thanks for any input.

xizheng
Newly Registered

Re: ACTUAL START DATE later than what's stated on CoS

Post by xizheng » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:21 am

Any thoughts guys? Many thanks

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:49 am

xizheng wrote:Any thoughts guys? Many thanks
The work start date on your CoS is indicative. This helps the case worker decide on the length of your leave. One cannot be expected to start on the exact date mentioned on the CoS. Unless it is way out, you should be fine.

xizheng
Newly Registered

Post by xizheng » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:48 am

Thank you. Is delaying by two weeks ok? Should be starting on 18th April but actually starting on 2nd May?

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:09 am

xizheng wrote:Thank you. Is delaying by two weeks ok? Should be starting on 18th April but actually starting on 2nd May?
If it gives you any piece of mind, I had my CoS start date as 18th Oct , the visa wasn't issued until 28th Oct and I was already working with my employer (on a different but eligible visa category). You should be absolutely fine as far this area is concerned.

xizheng
Newly Registered

Post by xizheng » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:54 pm

OK, many thanks for sharing your experience.

Anyone can give a second opinion? What if someone starts a few months later than the date stated on the CoS? Many thanks

exman
India

Post by exman » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:23 am

My original CoS has start date as 1st June. Then the employer changed it to 15th June on CoS in sponsorship management system and put a "sponsor note" on the CoS. I got my visa sorted based on the updated CoS. Now I am joining on 4th of July and the CoS will be updated again.

According to my lawyer, the period between 8th June (my visa start date) and 4th July will be considered absence from UK. As long as total absence from UK is less than 180 days in each of the 5 years and is documented well, it should be fine.