ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fastest Naturalisation Application Processing Time

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kankerot
United Kingdom

Fastest Naturalisation Application Processing Time

Post by kankerot » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:43 am

So who holds the unofficial record of the fastest AN application from the time that biometrics are taken to the time its approved. Discounting the printing and posting of the letter.

I saw someone have their AN completed within 14 days. Anyone beat that?

Khush

Eligibility criteria: 5 years+ 1yr ILR
Language criteria : NARIC Certified degree
Current nationality: Indian
NCS used: Edinburgh 03/03/2016
Date of application: 03/03/2016
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/03/2016
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 13/03/2016
Date of acknowledgment & Bio Letter: 15/03/2016
Biometrics Submitted: 16/03/2016
Date approval received: 30/03/2016 (received 09/04/2016)

Are all AN applications assessed in Liverpool?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Fastest Naturalisation Application Processing Time

Post by ohara » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:56 am

We've seen at least one who has had approval dated just 7 days after biometric enrolment :shock:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1309205

Looking at the timelines over the last year or so, HO certainly do seem to be stepping up their game now with a lot of approvals in under 100 days, and more recently a lot under 50 days.

kankerot
United Kingdom

Post by kankerot » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:13 am

7 days, my word. Why is there such a disparity?

How is it possible it can be done in that short time period, something doesnt seem right when the variance is so much.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:45 pm

My naturalisation had taken about a month and a half from date of submission of application (as in those days, there was no requirement for biometric submission).
kankerot wrote:How is it possible it can be done in that short time period, something doesnt seem right when the variance is so much.
Depends on the complexity of the case. For instance, the person's tax affairs may need to be looked into or his absences or any adverse court judgements.

A dead simple application (single person, single salaried job for five years, etc) would not take too long.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kankerot
United Kingdom

Post by kankerot » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:29 pm

Seeing that those who had their naturalisation done very quickly are all Tier 1 and Indian so are they processed differently as they are already in the system due to their Tier 1 status?

Are applications where it is due to being married to a BC always more scrutinised?

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:46 pm

Some JCAP applications seem to be processed pretty quickly.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

tripping

Post by tripping » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:59 pm

kankerot wrote:Seeing that those who had their naturalisation done very quickly are all Tier 1 and Indian so are they processed differently as they are already in the system due to their Tier 1 status?

Are applications where it is due to being married to a BC always more scrutinised?
It all depends on the individual application, so not necessary because they are already in the system as previous Tier 1 visa holders, though the transition from there to ILR -> BC could be construed as much more straight forward, provided BC criteria can be met. In general straight forward applications are those without CCJ, driving offences, brushes with the law, complex entry to UK/settlement prior to BC application.

Mine took about 5 weeks from submission date to receiving approval letter (like secret simon, I did mine in the days before biometrics and rule changes). I was on the Tier 1 ->Tier 1 Extension -> ILR -> BC route.

kankerot
United Kingdom

Post by kankerot » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:09 pm

tripping wrote:
kankerot wrote:Seeing that those who had their naturalisation done very quickly are all Tier 1 and Indian so are they processed differently as they are already in the system due to their Tier 1 status?

It all depends on the individual application, so not necessary because they are already in the system as previous Tier 1 visa holders, though the transition from there to ILR -> BC could be construed as much more straight forward, provided BC criteria can be met. In general straight forward applications are those without CCJ, driving offences, brushes with the law, complex entry to UK/settlement prior to BC application.

Mine took about 5 weeks from submission date to receiving approval letter (like secret simon, I did mine in the days before biometrics and rule changes). I was on the Tier 1 ->Tier 1 Extension -> ILR -> BC route.
My wife route is 2007 married 2009 ILR, US citizen, no ccj, legal issues etc, housewife,only 250 days abroad in last 3 years. Had to delay NCS appointment to make sure she was in country 3 years prior. Lived at same address. Even the NCS lady said its straight forward application.

Does it count against you not applying for BC straight away as we could have applied in 2010.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:12 pm

250 days outside the UK in 3 years is quite a bit. I've spent less than 30 days outside the UK in the last 5 years.

kankerot
United Kingdom

Post by kankerot » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:54 pm

ohara wrote:250 days outside the UK in 3 years is quite a bit. I've spent less than 30 days outside the UK in the last 5 years.
It's within their guidelines, the last year 88 days was spent outside the UK or 90 if you count the day you leave and enter (but that's not how they calculate it)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:52 pm

Browse the forum for timelines posted and you'll know for yourself.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!