ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can extension be from a different source of funding?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bigmac
Newly Registered

Can extension be from a different source of funding?

Post by bigmac » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:56 am

Hi there,

I applied as an entrepreneurial team with my co-founder and successfully received our Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visas using £50K as our own source of funding which will be invested, as we were previously on graduate entrepreneur visas. My questions are as follow:

1) For the extension, can we use other source of funding, e.g. if we get VC funding or win an approved seed funding competition

2) What is the timeline of such investment needing to be made into the company? e.g. 3 months before our application for extension? Any such timeline if we invest our own £50K?

Advice appreciated thanks! :)

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Can extension be from a different source of funding?

Post by seasky » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:54 pm

bigmac wrote:Hi there,

I applied as an entrepreneurial team with my co-founder and successfully received our Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visas using £50K as our own source of funding which will be invested, as we were previously on graduate entrepreneur visas. My questions are as follow:

1) For the extension, can we use other source of funding, e.g. if we get VC funding or win an approved seed funding competition

2) What is the timeline of such investment needing to be made into the company? e.g. 3 months before our application for extension? Any such timeline if we invest our own £50K?

I changed funding sources for extension so don't see a problem. Put a short explanation of the logic in covering letter

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Ali272 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:18 am

bigmac wrote:Hi there,

I am on Graduate Entrepreneur visa too. Could you please please provide the list of documents you sent and the approximate processing time? Thank you so much.

midas5
BANNED

Post by midas5 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:07 am

Can we invest £25000 in shares and remaining £25000 in the form of directors loan?