ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax question - is this deception?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siftkhanz

Tax question - is this deception?

Post by siftkhanz » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:37 pm

First of all I am sorry if this question have been asked before or if this is the right post to ask this question

My ILR is due next month on five year route just a quick background on my previous applications

2011 = part salaried - part dividend through company

2013 = dividend income only

2016 = will be again part salaried - part dividend income

my question is back in 2013 I showed dividend income of about 40K (which was declared to HMRC) and visa was issued even though income of 35K was sufficient in my case.

I amended my tax returns and did them 36K for the year 2013 as I genuinely did not added some expenses for the year 2013.

Now all my taxes are paid and up to date, so my question will this be considered as deception for my ilr appliation.

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Tax question - is this deception?

Post by noajthan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:06 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

screenprint

Post by screenprint » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:09 pm

Should be Okay !

Home-Office are more concern about foul play.

At-least you are meeting the threshold of £35000.

Most of the people how are in trouble are the one who either did not submit the tax returns at all ( even if no tax was due, for example director of the company who took dividend but no tax due on these divident) or people who have large amount of tax differences to what shown to home office and HMRC and specially the one whom have lost their threshold to gain (After Submitting the Original Tax Returns to HMRC) the relevant points in order to secure the Tier 1 initial or extension.

Even if they have amended the tax returns on later stages to correct their mistake they are still getting a negative view ( Rejection in some Case's ) from home office.

I Hope this will put your nerve at some ease. But be prepaid for some awkward question from Case Worker.

Good Luck !

Pscloud

Post by Pscloud » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:07 am

If you have complexity in your application post your application. CW on most of PSC are junior and dont understand amendment and taxation.

Sheffield and Croydon have many senior CW.

Liverpool Head of CW's is an accountant himself so his team is quiet an expert in self employed applications.

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:01 pm

In m opinion this should not be deception. It is possible to have amendments and HMRC wouldn't allow you credit just because you claimed it.
Also the point is, even if you claimed 36K in the first instance, your visa would have been renewed anyways.
That's my opinion.
Best of Luck
R

siftkhanz

Post by siftkhanz » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:43 pm

Thank you everyone for the replies and information :D