ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General from abroad - Englist Requirement Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajnishps
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General from abroad - Englist Requirement Query

Post by rajnishps » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:45 am

Hi,
I will be applying Tier 2 General Visa on 18th April 2016.
My restricted COS was grated and issued in march 2015 allocation.
I was going through the list of supportive documents for tier 2 General visa and found the PBS calculator required for English Test requirement cannot be used after 6th April 2016.
Please find the link for the same : https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... ment.faces

It was mentioned in the above link that we need to obtain a statement from UK National Academic Recognition Information Centre (UK NARIC) which will take around 10 days after paying the fees of 125 pounds.

Please confirm if I have to get the certificate from UK NARIC or simply submitting the degree certificate will be good enough to get the UK Visa.

Please reply as soon as possible. If anyone have filed for visa after 6th april then revert back as early as possible

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General Englist Requirement Query

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:33 am

So, in essence you are asking if the requirement posted on the webpage you have provided the link for is factually inaccurate?
Well, no it isn't.

Have you read the TIer 2 policy guidance? Please do.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:48 am

My lawyer had said that they'll also accept NARIC English Language Assessment and Statement of Comparability provided they were applied for before 6th April. This to avoid people having to wait for the NARIC turnaround time since the Visa And Nationality service became active only on 6th April.

However it's based on his informal conversations with the Home Office and there is no official link which says so

rajnishps
Newly Registered

Post by rajnishps » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:52 am

Thanks for the reply.Now I am sure that I have to go through UK NARIC website to get the required certificate.
Anyone have the idea how many days it will take to get delivered to me in India since I have to reschedule my visa appointment.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:29 am

being outside the country, why would u not just give ilets.

Not talking about u, but just a general comment, people on this forum claim to have tons of degrees and still dont have confidence of giving ilets and always try going for other tests (which are now not allowed) to clear the english language requirement. It is simply beyond me.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am

iworker wrote:being outside the country, why would u not just give ilets.

Not talking about u, but just a general comment, people on this forum claim to have tons of degrees and still dont have confidence of giving ilets and always try going for other tests (which are now not allowed) to clear the english language requirement. It is simply beyond me.
IELTS waiting times are very long. When I gave the General test, I had to wait 2.5 months to get a slot in my city. After that there it took two weeks for IDP to announce the results.

I don't know if it's the same for IELTS for UKVI which is a separate test, but generally NARIC certificates can be gotten quickly if you pay for fast tracking the application

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:40 pm

iworker wrote:Not talking about u, but just a general comment, people on this forum claim to have tons of degrees and still dont have confidence of giving ilets and always try going for other tests (which are now not allowed) to clear the english language requirement. It is simply beyond me.
+1 Billion! :P

Do check with NARIC how they post the statements for overseas orders. Depending on where you live, you wouldn't want to spend £125 only to find out that the post is lost while in transit through "untracked / normal postal service " to your country of residence!!

Or if you have relatives / friends in UK, get the statements delivered to their UK address and request them to courier it to you / forward it by registered post to you.

IMHO ...
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bssaary
Newly Registered

Post by bssaary » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:47 am

rajnishps wrote:Thanks for the reply.Now I am sure that I have to go through UK NARIC website to get the required certificate.
Anyone have the idea how many days it will take to get delivered to me in India since I have to reschedule my visa appointment.
Hi Rajnishps....I am also applying form NARIC english assessment this month. Can we connect?

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:37 am

geriatrix wrote:
iworker wrote:Not talking about u, but just a general comment, people on this forum claim to have tons of degrees and still dont have confidence of giving ilets and always try going for other tests (which are now not allowed) to clear the english language requirement. It is simply beyond me.
+1 Billion! :P

Do check with NARIC how they post the statements for overseas orders. Depending on where you live, you wouldn't want to spend £125 only to find out that the post is lost while in transit through "untracked / normal postal service " to your country of residence!!

Or if you have relatives / friends in UK, get the statements delivered to their UK address and request them to courier it to you / forward it by registered post to you.

IMHO ...
NARIC does have an option of DHL shipping but they charge 80 GBP for it.. as opposed to 3.5 GBP for the airmail shipping :shock:

FWIW, I received my letter in 5 days (including a weekend)