ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name changed after IELTS test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunoo
United Kingdom

Name changed after IELTS test

Post by sunoo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:59 pm

Hi Guys,

I am in process of applying spouse visa for my wife to join me in UK. We got married recently and to save us the time I advised her to complete her IELTS Life Skills Level A1 which she did before we got married. However after marriage she wants to change her surname to my surname on passport and NIC. Would that be an issue as her IELTS certificate shows her previous surname? Sorry If I am being too curious because I am aware immigration officers now a days just needs a little tiny excuse to refuse the application.

Would appreciate if someone can advise.

Regards

Sunoo

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Name changed after IELTS test

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:07 pm

It should not be an issues as you will submit the marriage certificate which will show her maiden name. You can also provide a brief explanation in the 'additional information' section of the application form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

theelite16
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theelite16 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:15 pm

It should be fine.

My wife did the IELTS Academic in March 2015 (before the rules changed in April 2015) thinking that she would like to study in the UK.

We got married in August 2015 and I used that same IELTS for her application in October 2015, even though she had changed her NIC and Passport name to her new married name by this time.

There wasn't any problem.

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:13 pm

theelite16 wrote:It should be fine.

My wife did the IELTS Academic in March 2015 (before the rules changed in April 2015) thinking that she would like to study in the UK.

We got married in August 2015 and I used that same IELTS for her application in October 2015, even though she had changed her NIC and Passport name to her new married name by this time.

There wasn't any problem.

Many thanks for the information and I will now proceed to change her name officially on NIC and passport :)

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:15 pm

CR001 wrote:It should not be an issues as you will submit the marriage certificate which will show her maiden name. You can also provide a brief explanation in the 'additional information' section of the application form.
Many thanks for the assistance means we can safely change her name on both NIC and passport :)