ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residential Requirements, Date of first arrival in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smb24
Newly Registered

Residential Requirements, Date of first arrival in the UK

Post by smb24 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi All,

I first came to the UK in September 2004 on a student VISA and left the UK in January 2007 after finishing my studies and without overstaying.

I then applied for the IGS Visa ( Post Study work) and re-entered the UK in November 2007.

I will be applying for naturalisation next week and have a doubt about the date I need to enter in section 2.1. On the form it says Date of first entry. The Guide says

"2.1 Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term
basis, and the airport or seaport through which you then entered."

I entered the UK with a view to stay on a long term basis only after i got my IGS Visa.

Do I put the date as November 2007 or September 2004 ( intial entry as student)

If I mention November 2007, would the Home Office think that I did not give the correct information? Is it better to mention September 2004 though that was not when I entered UK with a view to stay on a long term basis.

Any suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
smb24

leavetoremain

Re: Residential Requirements, Date of first arrival in the U

Post by leavetoremain » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:10 am

As per guidelines, you must input the date you entered the UK with the intent of staying on long term (the date based on which you completed 5 years prior to your ILR).