ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address during naturalisation - fee payment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goingbrit

Change of address during naturalisation - fee payment

Post by goingbrit » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:43 pm

Hello,
I have a question about change of address during the naturalisation process. I will be moving, so I will of course update my contact address using this link: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml. After I move, I will need to change my address with my bank, so my question is what I should do if the AN payment has not been processed at that point. The fees form (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 8_v0_3.pdf) obviously asks for address etc for the bank account. If this is different to the new address, will the payment not go through? Is there a way to change this? Any experience with this would be very helpful.
Thanks, GB

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Change of address during naturalisation - fee payment

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:45 pm

Pay by cheque instead. Problem solved!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:51 pm

geriatrix wrote:Pay by cheque instead. Problem solved!
I agree, and I was going to suggest the same before I realised this might not be convenient or even possible for some people. I for example have never had a cheque book or written a cheque :o

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:57 pm

In such case, seek permission from friend / relative to use his / her card details and fill in the details of such person in the "Fee refund" section.

Or, apply after you have changed address and have had the bank records updated.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

goingbrit

Post by goingbrit » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:12 pm

Thanks for your replies. I should have clarified that I have applied already, and was looking for anyone who had been in a similar situation.