ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Refused

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chrisrice

Naturalisation Refused

Post by Chrisrice » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:44 pm

Hello everyone,

I got ILR on 2013 as a 10 years student in UK,completed my MBA from University and applied Naturalisation on 2014,but few week ago Home Office asked me to attend interview in Liverpool.During interview they asked me about TOEIC exam.But I have never use TOEIC certificate to extend my any Home Office visa in past,every time used my IELTS and ESOL visa also I have gave with IELTS (4 times ) and Pearson(2 Times) on the same years,Today got a refused letter from Home Office due to TOEIC proxy taker,which I genuinely gave it myself.They ask me to reconsider this decision if they are wrong.My question here is what can I do to reconsider my Naturalisation.Those college I gave are already closed down in 2012.I had a receipt of the attend college with the course package which I paid them as a 3 weeks class and the test fees.But these all college receipt are lost,which I attend genuinely.But if this college owner is performing a bad way then how I am going to convinve the HO,I feel very lost .Also,I have all my parents who have ILR as well from the British Gurkha soldier and family member here in UK.Two sons,one is British born.Can somebody help me regarding this question please?

Cheers,
Chris

noajthan

Re: Naturalisation Refused

Post by noajthan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:08 am

If you did not use the TOEIC its hard to understand the reasoning behind a refusal.

This recent news may help in some way as the HO position has been demolished:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1325338
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

jimmy83
Newly Registered

Post by jimmy83 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:04 am

When did you give your interview ? Do they have any proof against you ?

Chrisrice

Post by Chrisrice » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:25 am

Noathan and Jimmy83 thanks for your response,is there any chance that my application will be successful if I send for reconsideration ?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:16 pm

Chrisrice wrote:Noathan and Jimmy83 thanks for your response,is there any chance that my application will be successful if I send for reconsideration ?

Thanks

Reconsideration is primarily to correct admin & procedural-type errors HO may have made whilst handling & assessing your case.
Its not clear HO have made any such errors so reconsideration may not help you.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:13 pm

I believe the OP is saying he did take the TOEIC test, but it wasn't used in any of his visa extensions.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:40 pm

Have come across a couple of refusals where the applicant had taken TOEIC / ETS test but never used the test result in any immigration application previously (not used in naturalisation application either) .... but the naturalisation application has been refused.

caseworker error? or something else?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:46 pm

Its very simple, like offence in recorded list. Even you use it or not.
Who are attend TOEIC exam, they are sort listed by H/O.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:54 pm

Casa wrote:I believe the OP is saying he did take the TOEIC test, but it wasn't used in any of his visa extensions.
You are right Casa, I had misunderstood some of the original post the second time I looked at it.

So if OP can back up their position with adequate evidence there may be a case to be reconsidered.

nawal
Newly Registered

Post by nawal » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:02 pm

Hi Chris',
Feeling very bad to hear your refusal matter. I am in same boat.TOday I interviwed by home office ,liverpool.it was all about toeic . I gave on February 2012. I was used toeic for my spouse visa.then I got spouse visa ,then ,i got ilr with ilts on 2014.then I applied for naturisation one year before . 20th April I received email about interview.and today 29th April I gave the interview.it was all about toeic.i did myself toeic ..so I answered all questions nicely.now I am feeling very bad to read about your refusal maters
I am feeling that I am the next.......
Anybody here who got citizen after toeic interviews..please.....
Really feeling upset.
I will update if I receive anything from HO.
:( :(

razar
Newly Registered

Post by razar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:56 pm

hi all,

below is my timeline for everyone's benefit

september 2012: appeared in TOEIC test , but never used in any of my applications
july 2013: ILR recieved
July 2014: applied for naturalization using B1 certificate
December 2015 : did IELTS for life skills, didn't need to but still did it
MArch 2016: Called for interview in liverpool, all the questions were related to toeic test
April 2016: Refused citizenship, homeoffice accused me of deception even though i never used toeic certificate in any of my applications
June 2016: Filed for review
December 2016: got a solicitor to chase for the case, he wrote 3 letters to ask homeoffice to decide the review application
March 2017: got the citizenship invitation, attended the ceremony in a couple of days after receiving invitation

i had got really frustrated with such a long delay in deciding my review application that i was literally 1 day away from serving them the pre-action protocol letter. thankfully they reversed their initial decision and granted me citizenship. it could be that the letters from my solicitors helped expedite the process but i am not sure of that.

its been a really painful wait of almost 33 months but in the end it paid off. good luck to all who are still waiting for their citizenship and i hope it goes well for you all, i'd say better to engage a solicitor. from what it seemed to me, the ones who never used the toeic certificate will eventually get their citizenships soon.

Good luck to you all