ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Single character is diff in Surname in Degree certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cnub4u2000
Newly Registered

Single character is diff in Surname in Degree certificate

Post by cnub4u2000 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:13 am

Dear Team,

Apologies if this question is already discussed.

Kindly note that I got ILR(PBS Route) on 5th May 2015. I will be eligible for British Citizenship by 5th May 2016.

My questions are

1. For English Language requirement; I have attached PBS Calculator but it is not available now. I hope UKNARIC certification is mandatory

2. There is a single character was wrong in my Surname in Degree Certificate and the same was accepted for ILR. Please let me know whether I need to get corrected the Surname in the degree certificate and then apply for UKNARIC or Home Office will accept the certificate

PBS Calculator Link: https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... ment.faces

Thanks in advance.

Many Thanks,
Cnu

sanjaywakhare

Re: Single character is diff in Surname in Degree certificat

Post by sanjaywakhare » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:49 am

cnub4u2000 wrote:Dear Team,

Apologies if this question is already discussed.

Kindly note that I got ILR(PBS Route) on 5th May 2015. I will be eligible for British Citizenship by 5th May 2016.

My questions are

1. For English Language requirement; I have attached PBS Calculator but it is not available now. I hope UKNARIC certification is mandatory

2. There is a single character was wrong in my Surname in Degree Certificate and the same was accepted for ILR. Please let me know whether I need to get corrected the Surname in the degree certificate and then apply for UKNARIC or Home Office will accept the certificate

PBS Calculator Link: https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... ment.faces

Thanks in advance.

Many Thanks,
Cnu

I am no expert, but if it was accepted at the time of ILR, then on AN you simply have to say that you have proved your language and lifeinUK knowledge at the time of ILR. No need to prove it again

--- AN form excerpt ---
Or
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013;
Or
---------------------------

Simply tick/cross the checkbox beside the above statement in the form.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Single character is diff in Surname in Degree certificat

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:13 am

I believe it was overlooked during ILR application. If they requested to verify then you will be in trouble, so better to get it corrected . Or give English test then no hassles.

Regards,
Suresh