ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC Application - A few Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

BC Application - A few Queries

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:37 pm

Happy New year to all Moderators and the forum Members

Please can someone provide me a list of the NCS that check both the citizenship and passport applications at the same time.

I was of the view that first we need to apply for the naturalization a nd once done then we need to apply for the British Passport.

When I searched the naturalization time lines I found members are applying for both services at the same time.

Hope someone will help me.

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NCS (Centres for Citizenship and Passoprt Checking)

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:44 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:45 pm

There are very few at present as it's only a pilot scheme. Most are in Kent.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 93401.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:53 pm

tehminamazher wrote:Please can someone provide me a list of the NCS that check both the citizenship and passport applications at the same time.
As its still a pilot scheme, there is no list (of councils that offer this service) published on the HO website.

One of the forum members here has however published a number of councils that do offer this service under the thread CR001 has shared. http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1276464

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:51 pm

Thanks every one for the reply.

One more question

I am in Buckinghamshire county and can I apply in the Kent or Brent countuies and use their NCS services.
For ceremony I can book the Bucks gain or it has to be in the same county we applied for the checking service.

Thanks once again for the worderful people and the wonderful forum.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:58 pm

You can apply at ANY of the NCS services.

Your ceremony is usually at the council under which your home address post code is UNLESS you ask for it specifically to be somewhere else.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:02 pm

tehminamazher wrote:I am in Buckinghamshire county and can I apply in the Kent or Brent countuies and use their NCS services.
For ceremony I can book the Bucks gain or it has to be in the same county we applied for the checking service.
You can apply using any council NCS, it need not be your local council. Unless you explicitly request for your ceremony to be in a different council (in the AN form), it will be at your local council.

I did the same when applying in November, by using Brent council to submit my application (as the pilot scheme wasn't available at my local council).

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:34 pm

Thanks everyone again.

Instead of staring a new topic I am posting here my query regarding the English Language.

I ahve done MBA in Finanance from Paksitan and have got the letter from Unviversity that the degree was taught in English

Also I have a letter from UK Naric mentioning regarding my masters degree as follows
Assessment: Is considered comparable to British Bachelor (Ordinary) degree standard

Hope its fine for the satisfying the English language requirements.

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: BC Application - A few Queries

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

NCS Kent appointmnet ( Naturalization + Passport) Queries

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:43 pm

Once again I am thankful to all the members for their help and guidance.

I have booked an NCS appointmmet in First week of Feb 2015 for both Naturalization and passport checking

I have following queries.

Me , my husband and daughter (aged 14) born abroad are applying at the same time

I have done both AN forms except few left

Queries Regarding AN
1) My name fefore marriage was Miss T F and after marriage it became Mrs T M do I need to write my name T M in section 1.7

Also in the letter from University stating that it was taught in English as it was before my marriage they have written my name as T M

2) I was caught overspeeding and was offered a course
also after 4 years I was caught using the mobile phone whilst driving and again was offered a course.
My query do I need to mention these in the Section 3.2 of the AN form.

3) While applying for Citizenship through NCS we have to send back the original BRP card or NCS staff will give the original back to us after making a copy as when searching the forum this whole process on average is taking about three to four months which means that in this time one can not travel

Completely perplexed on that.

Queries Regaring MN1

1) 1.1 Please confirm what to write in this Section - I have written Section 3(1)

2) Section 3
Do we need to fill in this section as its written in
3.1 Please say which parent is the one who is British Citizen by decent and on whom this application is based
At the time of application both parents are Paksitani.

Childs application will be considered when either one of the parent has been granted Citizenship so do I need to date the application form.

PASSPORT
As the passport application process will start once our natulization application has been approved and we have attended the ceremony
1) Which date we need to put on the passport application and which date referees need to put on application.
2) What we need to fill in Section 5 as none of us will have the certificate of naturalization in the first weel of February 2016.

Once again I am sorry for the long post and hope that some passed through the same experience ( Kent council and appling for both naturalization and passort along with a child) will help me.

Thanks in advance.

Do we need to attach all the previous passports

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NCS Kent appointmnet ( Naturalization + Passport) Querie

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:09 pm

tehminamazher wrote:Queries Regarding AN
1) My name fefore marriage was Miss T F and after marriage it became Mrs T M do I need to write my name T M in section 1.7 1.7 is name at birth, so your name before marriage.

Also in the letter from University stating that it was taught in English as it was before my marriage they have written my name as T M Did you apply for the letter after your marriage? If so should be fine, you have your marriage certificate to prove the name change.

2) I was caught overspeeding and was offered a course
also after 4 years I was caught using the mobile phone whilst driving and again was offered a course.
My query do I need to mention these in the Section 3.2 of the AN form. Probably, better to declare than keep quiet. Others can comment.

3) While applying for Citizenship through NCS we have to send back the original BRP card or NCS staff will give the original back to us after making a copy as when searching the forum this whole process on average is taking about three to four months which means that in this time one can not travel

Completely perplexed on that. They copy your BRP, Passport and documents and return all originals to you.

Queries Regaring MN1

1) 1.1 Please confirm what to write in this Section - I have written Section 3(1) Yes, if born abroad.

2) Section 3
Do we need to fill in this section as its written in No, not applicable.
3.1 Please say which parent is the one who is British Citizen by decent and on whom this application is based
At the time of application both parents are Paksitani.

Childs application will be considered when either one of the parent has been granted Citizenship so do I need to date the application form. You need to date the application otherwise it will be returned as invalid. If you and your partner are refused, the child will also be refused. So yes, child application likely only decided once either/both parents decided.

PASSPORT
As the passport application process will start once our natulization application has been approved and we have attended the ceremony
1) Which date we need to put on the passport application and which date referees need to put on application. The date you sign the form
2) What we need to fill in Section 5 as none of us will have the certificate of naturalization in the first weel of February 2016. (NCS will probably be able to advise.

Once again I am sorry for the long post and hope that some passed through the same experience ( Kent council and appling for both naturalization and passort along with a child) will help me.

Thanks in advance.

Do we need to attach all the previous passports Yes, all uncancelled passports.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:47 pm

Extremely thankful CR001 for the reply.

Most of muy queries have been resolved.

Hope people either who had already applied or are planning to apply through the NCS Brent( those applying for naturalization and passport at same time) will also share their experiences and the important points to consider when visiting them.

Hope someone will suggest me for my query
My query do I need to mention these in the Section 3.2 of the AN form.
I was caught overspeeding and was offered a course
After 4 years I was caughtusing the mobile phone whilst driving and again was offered a course.

Thanks once again for the wonerful forum.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:25 pm

One more query came in my mind after I have submitted the post.

Whats is the best and the safest way to apply for we as a family
Scenario 1
Me and my husband apply first get naturalization and passport
and after that apply for the daughter

Scenario 2
we all three apply at the same time for naturalization and the passports
In this scenario my daughters application will still be under the same section Section 3(1)

Any advantages or disadvantages of both the scenarios

I know in scenario 2 I will loose £45 for my daughters application checking.

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:33 pm

tehminamazher wrote:
PASSPORT
2) What we need to fill in Section 5 as none of us will have the certificate of naturalization in the first week of February 2016.
Leave it blank.
tehminamazher wrote:Hope people either who had already applied or are planning to apply through the NCS Brent( those applying for naturalization and passport at same time) will also share their experiences and the important points to consider when visiting them.
The following topic may help you. I've shared my experience when I applied through Brent council there.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1276510

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:19 pm

You can apply as a family.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:12 pm

Thanks again.

Please can some confirm when filling in passport forms we need to write mobile number in section 2 or section 8 as this is what I found form the information page on the NCS Glocestershire http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/glosn ... tychecking
Section 2: Please do not place your mobile number in section two of the passport form, we request this is placed in section 8. This is so you do not have two biometric appointments.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:18 pm

tehminamazher wrote:Thanks again.

Please can some confirm when filling in passport forms we need to write mobile number in section 2 or section 8 as this is what I found form the information page on the NCS Glocestershire http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/glosn ... tychecking
Section 2: Please do not place your mobile number in section two of the passport form, we request this is placed in section 8. This is so you do not have two biometric appointments.
If you are applying using the pilot scheme, then follow the instructions mentioned above. Enter it under section 8 and leave the mobile number field in section 2 blank.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:06 pm

Thanks cs95tdg for the reply.

I have a query for Sushdmehta after reading the FAQs for the english requirement.

I have ticked on the form
I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Mater's degree or PhD in the UK and
What else I need to tick from the other options mentioned below
i. UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
ii. the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
(other than Canada);
Or I am a national of a majority English speaking country;
Or I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013;
Or I wish to claim exemption on the basis of my physical or mental condition (physical and/
or mental illness may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide reasons
on page 23. Your application may fail and the fee retained if insufficient reasons for
exemption are provided).

I have got a Statement of comparibility from UK NARIC

Assessment: Is considered comparable to British Bachelor (Ordinary) degree standard

I have also got a letter fromm my Universtisity mentioning that degree was taught in English.

Thanks in advance

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:15 pm

tehminamazher wrote: What else I need to tick from the other options mentioned below
i. UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
ii. the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
(other than Canada);
Or I am a national of a majority English speaking country;
Or I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013;
Or I wish to claim exemption on the basis of my physical or mental condition (physical and/
or mental illness may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide reasons
on page 23. Your application may fail and the fee retained if insufficient reasons for
exemption are provided).
I have got a Statement of comparibility from UK NARIC

I have also got a letter fromm my Universtisity mentioning that degree was taught in English.

Thanks in advance
The most appropriate option appears to be
i. UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English;
Unless you gained ILR after 28 October 2013, in which case the most appropriate option would be...
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013;

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:30 pm

Thanks cs95tdg again.

I was granted ILR in Feb 2015 but as it was covered under HSMP and were exempt from English language requirement at the time but this will not be the case when applying for citizenship.

Again views of Suhdmehta will be appreciated as to which option will be best suited.

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:32 pm

You need to submit proof of meeting the English requirement (not ESOL) or a NARIC English language assessment, therwise your citizenship application will be refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:38 pm

Thanks CR001 for the reply.

I am submitting the UK Naric statement of comparibily for my MBA in finance degree form Paksitan
UK NAric states regarding my degree as
Is considered comparable to British Bachelor (Ordinary) degree standard

Further I am submiting a letterr from the University that the degree was taught in English.

My query is what options I need to tick on page 7

Thanks in advance.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:56 pm

Again I was seraching the forum and found an old topic
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ml#p991248

Please if Sushdmehta , CR001 , seniors can confirm this once again for the peace of mind

As I have also got the ELA mentioning wording as has been mentioned by the OP in the thread I have posted.

Thanks again.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:11 am

tehminamazher wrote:Thanks CR001 for the reply.

I am submitting the UK Naric statement of comparibily for my MBA in finance degree form Paksitan
UK NAric states regarding my degree as
Is considered comparable to British Bachelor (Ordinary) degree standard

Further I am submiting a letterr from the University that the degree was taught in English.

My query is what options I need to tick on page 7

Thanks in advance.
Submit all of your above supporting documents for your peace of mind to claim English language exemption and tick this option

I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
i. UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English;

Hope this clarifies your doubts and also try to ask all of your queries in one go as the heading of this thread of few queries is now changing into several queries :D

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:31 am

Thanks Arsal35

Sorry just time is coming close and more I am reading the form BUNCH of queries coming in mind

Section 1.46
What to tick in this section.

I am employed at the moment ( I have asked HMRC to send me the employment History_)
I was self employed but when when I rang HMRC Self Asessment they said that they have not issued me a return this year as I was not active for the last two years)
I am also a Director of a company its not trading and I am not getting anything form it

Section 1.48
Its asks for Address of Employer or Business ?
Again what to write in it, my employer address

Section 2.1
First arrival in United Kingdom?
I landed at Heathrow Airport , so should I write Heathrow

Section 6.7
I am applying through NCS Brent so I should Tick BRP enclosed?

They will copy it and give me the original back

Section 6.11
I have ticked NO as I will send the BRP card if Citizenship Granted

Is this OK

Section 6.14
Give Details where your finger prints were taken , including town or city and country?

I have given finger prints at the the time of ILR and previously FLR , So again confused what to write.

Section 6.15
Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application was or were made abroad?

We have given the finger prints also abroad when we made our initial HSMP application abroad, do we need to write that also.

Page 22
I was granted HSMP Visa in 2010 after a long appeal process, do I need to mention my immigration history and details in the form on page 22

I know that some of the questions I have asked are the simple ones but I am getting confused and worried by thinking them again and again.

Thanks and sorry for the SEVERAL QUERIES

But once again I am thankful to this wonderful forum , because of their guidance /help provided and we the whole family are at the citizenship stage.