ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Rise for Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chirag85

Salary Rise for Tier 2

Post by Chirag85 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Hello,

My Tier 2 extension is due in Nov 2016 and i will need a salary rise for it. I haven't spoken to my employer yet because I am still not sure on following.

1 Is the current 2015 SOC code list going to be updated for salary requirement? Shall I wait until new version is published?
2 When does the salary needs to be increased? 6 months prior to application or from the date COS is issued?

It would be great if someone can advise on above.

Thanks in advance
Chirag

bsc2007
India

Re: Salary Rise for Tier 2

Post by bsc2007 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:24 am

Hi Chirag,

There are quite a few people in the same position as yours - including me. I took Tier 2 visa as a new entrant and it expires on 14th October 2016. My renewal is going to be as an experienced worker.

I am almost certain that the current SOC list is going to get updated - but the problem is that no one knows when. I have decided to wait until the new list is released before speaking to my employer for a raise. I think that the new SOC list will be published here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ation-list

The new salary should be mentioned on the CoS. It doesnt have to be done 6 months in advance. As long as your CoS specifies the correct salary - you are okay.

Best wishes,
B

Chirag85

Re: Salary Rise for Tier 2

Post by Chirag85 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:11 pm

Thanks B