ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last page of British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prolife

Last page of British Passport

Post by prolife » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:43 pm

On last page of British Passport, it asks for emergency contacts. Is it mandatory to fill this page? If I travel abroad and leave that page blank, will that cause any problem? Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Last page of British Passport

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:02 pm

No need to fill it in.

It helps the UK consular staff contact the named people if something unfortunate happens to you abroad, but it is not mandatory.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

leavetoremain

Post by leavetoremain » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:24 pm

If you don't like to spoil the look of your passport, how about printing out the emergency contacts on a small piece of paper and sticking on top of the last page using a thin cello tape around the edges?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:34 pm

If you travel abroad alone and unfortunately injure yourself seriously, are hospitalised or die (sic), people in your life who matter may remain unaware for the fact for days / weeks / months / years / forever!! :shock: :shock:
There is a reason why it says "emergency contacts" there!

Use a pencil, helps keep a "dynamic" emergency contact list. :D

:wink: :wink:
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

erdogan1

Post by erdogan1 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:22 am

Its important in my opinion.

One time when returning from Istanbul they pulled me over at customs. Asked for my passport and itinery.
She put them on one side behind her and forgot to give me them back so she called the emergency contact...my wife...to tell her i forgot it.

Luckily i realised and asked two police officers walking by arrivals as i come out to get it for me and they did.

tripping

Post by tripping » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:00 am

erdogan1 wrote:Its important in my opinion.

One time when returning from Istanbul they pulled me over at customs. Asked for my passport and itinery.
She put them on one side behind her and forgot to give me them back so she called the emergency contact...my wife...to tell her i forgot it.

Luckily i realised and asked two police officers walking by arrivals as i come out to get it for me and they did.
UK Border security control professionalism (jobs worthism) at its best. Maybe we should all put down emergency contact details as a result.