ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Help with absences 5 years T1 (G)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amonra
Newly Registered

ILR Help with absences 5 years T1 (G)

Post by amonra » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:52 pm

hello All,
I need a bit help with 5 years continuous residence. I read many many posts online and read the rules on the home office page and going crazy. Could you please have a look at my case ?

+First entry to UK on 24APR 2011 with T1 General (same visa since then)
+Went abroad on July2011 just before my employment starts for 11 days holiday,family visit etc..
+First employment starts on AUG2011
+Changed employment once.
+And I have never exceeded 180 days limit in any 12 months
In total I have 240 days outside (personal/business/paid/unpaid) in 5 years

So my questions:
1-I cannot reach my previous employer, they do not reply my emails or don't answer my calls, what happens if I print out my old emails for each trip which shows and approval/confirmation from my previous employer at that time (luckily they are still in my google inbox) and also put my old contract as an evidence ? Will homeoffice be ok?

2-I had 12 days holidays (family visit, holiday) before my first employment starts, would it be a problem ? Would it be considered as a break in the continuity ? I still have the boarding pass stubs, I will also show them as well.

3- It seems as long as not exceeding 180 days they are ok, is that right ?

My ILR appointment by the beginning of MAY.

Would appreciate your answers.

Thanks and regards