ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr transfer to brp

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tooting80
Newly Registered

ilr transfer to brp

Post by tooting80 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:20 pm

Hi all

I need some advice on applying for a brp ntl card.
I have an old ilr stamp on my expired passport. Now i need to apply for a brp card to get a new job but i have heared it could take up to six months? The problem is i need to travel abroad in the first week of August and im not sure i can get my passports back before August. Please help to take the right decision.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ilr transfer to brp

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:33 pm

You can apply in person at a premium service centre, costs a lot more though.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _03-16.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tooting80
Newly Registered

Post by tooting80 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:13 am

Thanks for the advice and yes premium service is a bit expensive. Do they give brp card the same day? How long does the postal service take now a days, any idea please?

If anyone has recently got their brp through postal service please share the experience so i can get an idea of the processing time. If i get my passport back within 3 months time i can travel abroad which is very important.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:07 am

No, BRP is not given on the day but arrives by courier within 10 days from appointment.

Postal can take a couple of months or it can take 6/7 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tooting80
Newly Registered

Post by tooting80 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi

I have decided to travel without a BRP card and apply for it when im back from abroad.

Can you please advice if its ok to travel abroad with old ILR stamp on expired passport attached to a renewed passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:39 pm

tooting80 wrote:Can you please advice if its ok to travel abroad with old ILR stamp on expired passport attached to a renewed passport?
Yes, it should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tooting80
Newly Registered

Post by tooting80 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:54 pm

Thank you :)

denise
Newly Registered

Post by denise » Mon May 02, 2016 8:40 pm

We have applied for my husband's NTL BRP in February. We are still awaiting his BRP outcome, however have had his biometrics done soon after applying. It seems the time it takes differs greatly. We were hoping for a quick turnaround but not happening so far. Have heard nothing since biometrics letter which was I think Feb 18th when he had those done.