ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary increase day

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Salary increase day

Post by VirtualWaver » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:17 am

Hi All,

Just successfully extended my Tier 2 General visa and have a question please.

My Start Date in COS is 1st of June but my visa was approved a week ago. When my salary needs to be increased to match the one stated in COS - 1st of June as per COS or now as my visa is approved?

Will highly appreciate if you could advise please and if you could also point to the relevant law. Thanks a lot!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Salary increase day

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:42 am

There is no relevant PBS law / guidance that specifically states that you have to be paid the COS salary from day one. There is guidance that states the Sponsor must demonstrate that the minimum SOC salary has to be paid to a Sponsored individual taking into account the new enterent or experienced salary rules. Plus allowances etc.

The best you can hope for is that your employer issues you a new contract of employment that states your new salary and hopefully if earlier than 1st June they are obliged to pay the new rate. Failing that I would not have an expectation that they would not pay the salary uplift before the official Tier 2 COS start date.