ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there an Ireland version of Surrinder Singh route ?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DingDong

Is there an Ireland version of Surrinder Singh route ?

Post by DingDong » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:47 am

Hello Fellow members'

I am an Irish citizen and thinking or relocating to Netherlands to exercise my EU treaty rights however I have lots of confusions/questions that are bombarding my brain so need little guidance from respectable fellow member's.

1) I would like to apply for my Dependent mother & Sister under the 'Directive 2004/38/EC' , they both are financially dependent on me and I have bank statements from all the way from past 5 years that denotes they both are dependent on me.

2) Basically I would like to know can I move to Netherlands without having a job & stay there for 8 - 9 months and once I get the visa or residence card for my mother & sister can I return back to Ireland and request Irish authorities to provide me a similar sort of residency card as they got in Netherlands ?

3) My mum & sister are based in Pakistan and they both have valid Irish tourist visa 'Visit Family & Friends' as they will be visiting me soon, so can I apply for a Schengen visa from the Netherlands embassy in Dublin and tell them they both are going along with me to Netherlands for a short visit or can they only apply the visas from Pakistan only ?

4) Also when I will be applying for Schengen visa do I will have to show the Bank statement, Payslips, Tenany Agreements etc or they are not applicable since my mum & sister will be dependent on me and accompanying the EU citizen in Netherlands ?

4) Also do I need to have a job lined up in Netherlands before I relocate there and start exercising my treaty rights there and only then I can apply for the Residence card application ?

Sorry about posting many questions but I am really confused & I hope I will gain atleast something out of this post that can help in accelerating this process.

Many thanks
Hamza

noajthan

Re: Is there an Ireland version of Surrinder Singh route ?

Post by noajthan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:32 am

HamzaCork wrote:Hello Fellow members'

I am an Irish citizen and thinking or relocating to Netherlands to exercise my EU treaty rights however I have lots of confusions/questions that are bombarding my brain so need little guidance from respectable fellow member's.

1) I would like to apply for my Dependent mother & Sister under the 'Directive 2004/38/EC' , they both are financially dependent on me and I have bank statements from all the way from past 5 years that denotes they both are dependent on me.

2) Basically I would like to know can I move to Netherlands without having a job & stay there for 8 - 9 months and once I get the visa or residence card for my mother & sister can I return back to Ireland and request Irish authorities to provide me a similar sort of residency card as they got in Netherlands ?

3) My mum & sister are based in Pakistan and they both have valid Irish tourist visa 'Visit Family & Friends' as they will be visiting me soon, so can I apply for a Schengen visa from the Netherlands embassy in Dublin and tell them they both are going along with me to Netherlands for a short visit or can they only apply the visas from Pakistan only ?

4) Also when I will be applying for Schengen visa do I will have to show the Bank statement, Payslips, Tenany Agreements etc or they are not applicable since my mum & sister will be dependent on me and accompanying the EU citizen in Netherlands ?

4) Also do I need to have a job lined up in Netherlands before I relocate there and start exercising my treaty rights there and only then I can apply for the Residence card application ?

Sorry about posting many questions but I am really confused & I hope I will gain atleast something out of this post that can help in accelerating this process.

Many thanks
Hamza
SS applies across EU/EEA in all Union states.

1) Mother is direct famiy member;
sister is extended family member.

2) Yes, in principle you can.

3) Not sure but think you can apply at any NL embassy.

4) No, you shouldn't have to;

See https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2007/0 ... u-citizen/

4 (or is it 5) ) No, you have 3 months grace period in any Union memberstate,

Get up to speed on free movement here:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf

If you google you can find country-specific SS guides, eg for NL.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:28 am

,Hello Noajthan,

Many thanks for the kind response I have couple more if you can help me ?

1) When applying for a Schengen visit visa , do I have to attach all the following ? OR simply write a cover letter & quote them 'Directive 2004/38/EC' that none of the below are required since my mum & sister are dependent on me (I think rather then attaching the below doc's I will have to attach some documents that proves dependency of mum & sister on Me)

Article 2(2) & Article 3(2)

Regular Items required when applying General Schengen Visa:

Bank statements
pay slips
letters from your present or future employer or school
letters of reference
proof that you will return at the end of the trip
airline tickets
confirmed hotel bookings
Or Tenancy agreement , landlord details etc...(if in case I have already relocated to Netherlands)

Kind Regards,
Hamza

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:02 pm

HamzaCork wrote:,Hello Noajthan,

Many thanks for the kind response I have couple more if you can help me ?

1) When applying for a Schengen visit visa , do I have to attach all the following ? OR simply write a cover letter & quote them 'Directive 2004/38/EC' that none of the below are required since my mum & sister are dependent on me (I think rather then attaching the below doc's I will have to attach some documents that proves dependency of mum & sister on Me)

Article 2(2) & Article 3(2)

Regular Items required when applying General Schengen Visa:

Bank statements
pay slips
letters from your present or future employer or school
letters of reference
proof that you will return at the end of the trip
airline tickets
confirmed hotel bookings
Or Tenancy agreement , landlord details etc...(if in case I have already relocated to Netherlands)

Kind Regards,
Hamza
Answered by link in #4 above.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.