ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR & Child's British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Learner178
Newly Registered

ILR & Child's British Passport

Post by Learner178 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi All,

Appreciate your help with the below.

I am Vietnamese citizen and will be qualified for ILR (5 years working) by September this year 2016.

My son has recently been born in the UK.

My questions are as follow:

- Can my son register as British citizen (form MN1) at the same time as me applying for the ILR, assuming I will be using 1 day service ?
(Or do I have to submit his application separately in a different occasion after my ILR application has been approved?)

- If I register him as Vietnamese citizen with the Vietnamese embassy now, will it create any problem later on when I register him as British citizen (after I have applied and been granted ILR) ?
Vietnam allows dual citizenship.

Thank you for your help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR & Child's British Passport

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:43 pm

1. Registration application (MN1) needs to be posted. Unlike ILR there is no "same day service".
2. No, but just make sure that the child's Vietnamese passport has the same name as you wish it to be on the British passport (that your child may apply for after approval of registration).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Learner178
Newly Registered

Re: ILR & Child's British Passport

Post by Learner178 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:48 pm

Thank you very much, this is very helpful.