ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) application HELP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohmmad786
United Kingdom

SET(M) application HELP

Post by mohmmad786 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:57 pm

Hello everyone, I was wondering if you could help me AGAIN :D Sorry i tried finding my old thread but couldnt find it so i am making a new one. I am due to apply for SET(M) application by the second week of next month. I have cleared Life in uk test. I am married to my wife who is British citizen. My son is disabled who i currently care for an am receiving carers allowance for him.
As i am gonna start filling out the forms, would i need anything else? I was actually reading about biometric residence permit. would i need to do it before i fill and send the forms to home office?

I am still waiting for my upto date MRP(machine readable passport) which should arrive on the 17th of june but my visa is running out on 14th. Can i send the new passport 3 days laters?

I currently have

Life in UK test certificate
Bank statements
Letters from Doctors
Letters from School
Letters showing i am in receipt of carer allowance
Marriage cerficate
Pictures
Old Passport(EXPIRED) with visa on paper
Learner driving license
virgin bills printed

Would i need anything else? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET(M) application HELP

Post by Amber » Wed May 29, 2013 10:59 pm

mohmmad786 wrote:Hello everyone, I was wondering if you could help me AGAIN :D Sorry i tried finding my old thread but couldnt find it so i am making a new one. I am due to apply for SET(M) application by the second week of next month. I have cleared Life in uk test. I am married to my wife who is British citizen. My son is disabled who i currently care for an am receiving carers allowance for him.
As i am gonna start filling out the forms, would i need anything else? I was actually reading about biometric residence permit. would i need to do it before i fill and send the forms to home office?

I am still waiting for my upto date MRP(machine readable passport) which should arrive on the 17th of june but my visa is running out on 14th. Can i send the new passport 3 days laters?

I currently have

Life in UK test certificate
Bank statements
Letters from Doctors
Letters from School
Letters showing i am in receipt of carer allowance
Marriage cerficate
Pictures
Old Passport(EXPIRED) with visa on paper
Learner driving license
virgin bills printed

Would i need anything else? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Which Country are you from and how long have you been receiving carer's allowance? You may have breached your immigration restrictions.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mohmmad786
United Kingdom

Post by mohmmad786 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:00 am

I am from pakistan and right now i have got 3 years Residence Permit(Limited Leave To Remain In UK). My visa does NOT state no work or recourse to public funds which means i have not breached any law.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu May 30, 2013 8:08 am

mohmmad786 wrote:I am from pakistan and right now i have got 3 years Residence Permit(Limited Leave To Remain In UK). My visa does NOT state no work or recourse to public funds which means i have not breached any law.
Were you granted discretionary leave to remain? For what reason were you granted leave and when?

If it was discretionary leave to remain, I.e. due to family life protection, a child. Then should you not be applying for another 3 year extension of discretionary leave if you qualify? Under the old discretionary leave you had to have 6 years leave under discretionary before you could apply for settlement.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mohmmad786
United Kingdom

Post by mohmmad786 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:14 am

D4109125 wrote:
Were you granted discretionary leave to remain? For what reason were you granted leave and when?

If it was discretionary leave to remain, I.e. due to family life protection, a child. Then should you not be applying for another 3 year extension of discretionary leave if you qualify? Under the old discretionary leave you had to have 6 years leave under discretionary before you could apply for settlement.
Well my solicitor at time told me that i got the visa because of my son as my case went in the court as home office first declined to issue me a visa. The solicitor also said that i have to apply for indefinite visa after the 3 years period is over. And my understanding was that in the older system you would get one visa of 3 years and than can apply for indefinite whereas in the new system you are required to have more than 1 visa of 2 years. I would need more guidance on it.
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu May 30, 2013 11:28 am

mohmmad786 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Well my solicitor at time told me that i got the visa because of my son as my case went in the court as home office first declined to issue me a visa. The solicitor also said that i have to apply for indefinite visa after the 3 years period is over. And my understanding was that in the older system you would get one visa of 3 years and than can apply for indefinite whereas in the new system you are required to have more than 1 visa of 2 years. I would need more guidance on it.
Thanks
Under the old rules for discretionary leave you normally needed to have 6 years of discretionary leave (2 sets of 3 years) before applying for settlement. Under the new rules it is 4 sets of 2.5 years so a total of 10 years before settlement.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 30, 2013 11:40 am

Amber is correct.

However, if you have been in the UK continuously and legally for 10 years, then you may apply for ILR under Long residence.

It's easy to find your original thread. Just click on profile > Find all posts by mohmmad786.

It's better to stick with your original thread.
Last edited by vinny on Thu May 30, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu May 30, 2013 11:45 am

vinny wrote:Amber is correct.

However, if you have been in the UK continuously and legally for 10 years, then you may apply for ILR under Long residence.
Of which the form is not set(m) but rather set(lr).

mohmmad786
United Kingdom

ILR (British Wife and Child)

Post by mohmmad786 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:08 pm

Hello Everyone,

I need help/Advice Regarding my ILR application. I am from Pakistan and have had two 3 years residence permits. This second one is finishing in July. I am currently a Carer and receiving Income support as i am caring for disabled partner(My son(Autistic) and wife are both disabled). I actually passed my Life in UK test 3 years back.

I was wondering if i would still have to take an English language test and which form do i need to fill? And is it still one month before the end of my visa that i can apply for my ILR.

Thankyou very much for your help.

This is the link to my OLD thread.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... ml#p850377

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR (British Wife and Child)

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:16 pm

You apply on form Set(O) if you are on discretionary leave to remain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mohmmad786
United Kingdom

Post by mohmmad786 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:25 pm

CR001 wrote:You apply on form Set(O) if you are on discretionary leave to remain.
Thankyou for the quick reply. Can you please advice me whether i would need an English language test?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:36 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!