ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cash savings: Who's?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Puddleglum
Newly Registered

Cash savings: Who's?

Post by Puddleglum » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:29 pm

Hi there,
Thank you all for your important work. I'm a non-EAA citizen planning to apply for a spousal visa. My partner is a British citizen. We are a bit stumped as to which one of us needs to be holding the £62,500 cash savings required. Should they be in my account (back in my home country)? My wife's, in the UK? A joint account? And if a joint account, does it matter if it's in the UK or abroad? :|
Many many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cash savings: Who's?

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:55 pm

Either it doesn't matter but it must be held for a minimum of 6 months, without the balance dropping.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Puddleglum
Newly Registered

Post by Puddleglum » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:13 pm

Oh, for sure. We're keeping a healthy £500 on top of the required sum and adding more to it as often as we can - just to cushion it against currency fluctuations etc.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:33 pm

Good thinking to do that :D
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rye12
Newly Registered

Post by Rye12 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:47 pm

I'm applying for a spouse visa using catD savings only. Once I complete section 3F with my savings details, do I have to fill in anything about my work on this form or any other form?

Is there a list of exactly which forms I fill out and with what financial info?

Rye12
Newly Registered

Post by Rye12 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:38 pm

So I'm using catD alone. Do I need to complete part 4 - maintenance for those exempt from the financial requirement.
This part asks about my monthly income, dependants etc. My monthly income is low as I make up my wage with compantpy dividend.
Seems strange if I have to fill it in as if I was unemployed I would still be ok because of savings.

Any advice appreciated.

John Green

Post by John Green » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:56 pm

I don't know what will be said. But I am also using Cash Savings Category D for the spouse visa. I was told that in this case I should leave the other boxes blank. I do have a small amount of income (a pension) which I could include (it would be counted) but that wil only confuse the situation for no advantage. I imagine the ECO will ask why I am telling them about the pension when I qualify anyhow on the cash savings. I expect that if you can show the cash savings, forget about anything else, to avoid complications.

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:39 pm

If you are applying using savings, that is the only information you should give. If you start giving information on salary or pensions, that could get very confusing for the ECO.