ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN Refusal

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saqibr1

AN Refusal

Post by saqibr1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:27 pm

Hi members.
Can anyone help me in my case. I did apply for Naturalization in June 2015. My application has been refused by HO and the reason given is the evidence provided for English language proficiency is not sufficient: As an evidence I did provide the following documents:

1. UK Naric SOC by UK naric
2. Original Degree issued by University.
3. Letter from University confirming that degree taught in english.
4. Degree varification letter from University that the degree mentioned in the UK naric letter is issued by University.

Now my question is did I miss something in providing the evidence or is it home office mistook my case? Should I go in NR root or should I pass the B1 first and then apply again for the naturalization? Please senior members suggest something thanks.

Raza

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: AN Refusal

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:34 pm

Did you not do a NARICA English Language Assessment?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:36 pm

No According to the guidance notes I can send an official letter from univeristy confirming that The degree is taught in English.

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:39 pm

According to one of their letter I received for providing the evidence the guidance notes in the letter even suggested as follows

Written confirmation from the awarding insitution or UK NARIC that it was taught in English and written confirmation from UK Naric that It meets the recognised standard of a Bachelor's Degree or higher or a postgraduate Diploma Awarded in UK.

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:13 pm

I have an other question Can I use my expired Ielts academic result which I never used for Immigration purposes? Any suggestion

Raza.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:51 pm

saqibr1 wrote:I have an other question Can I use my expired Ielts academic result which I never used for Immigration purposes?
No.
Guide AN (June 2014) wrote:A Statement of Comparability (SoC) from UK NARIC confirming your qualification is comparable to a UK degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name, the title of the degree, and that the qualification was taught in English.
Did the letter from University mention all the three things as stated above? If yes, request reconsideration.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:43 am

Yes It does state all of the three things. My name, Degree and also the medium of study. Along with that I have a degree verification letter as well issued by my university confirming that the degree I have provided for UK naric is same. As in uk naric additional note is written that I have to get a university confirmation letter from university as while getting SOC I haven't been issued with degree I sent my transcript for UK Naric SOC letter.

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:29 am

geriatrix wrote:
saqibr1 wrote:I have an other question Can I use my expired Ielts academic result which I never used for Immigration purposes?
No.
Guide AN (June 2014) wrote:A Statement of Comparability (SoC) from UK NARIC confirming your qualification is comparable to a UK degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name, the title of the degree, and that the qualification was taught in English.
Did the letter from University mention all the three things as stated above? If yes, request reconsideration.

There is an other important thing in my application. I received my ILR after 28th October 2013 which means I did full filled the english language criteria in my ILR. But during my Naturalization process they asked me to provide the evidence of my english again. In reply to the evidence request I sent them my SoC letter from Naric, University letter confirming the medium of study, my name and the degree title with my university registration etc. After one month they sent the refusal letter stating that they are not satisfied with the english language criteria met. I believe I should go in Reconsideration of my application for naturalization.

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:56 am

I need some senior member's opinion on how to apply for reconsideration of Naturalization application. My question is along with the application should I provide some evidence or supporting documents or should I just mention the reason why my application should be reconsider? Can anyone suggest something in this respect thanks.

Raza.

Krish19
Mood:
India

Post by Krish19 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:54 am

i feel sorry for you and also you are going through all this because of caseworker talk to up. why don't you take b1 test and apply as afresh application. this is only because reconsideration applications are taking really longer. just don't go by my word, this is just my idea only.

i have applied in march and i'm waiting for decision but i did exactly same like you meaning i sent my university English medium certificate and also i have got ilr only last year.

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:08 pm

Krish19 wrote:i feel sorry for you and also you are going through all this because of caseworker talk to up. why don't you take b1 test and apply as afresh application. this is only because reconsideration applications are taking really longer. just don't go by my word, this is just my idea only.

i have applied in march and i'm waiting for decision but i did exactly same like you meaning i sent my university English medium certificate and also i have got ilr only last year.

Krish I appreciate your reply but thing is applying new application means I have to spent 150£ on my B1 and 1232£ on new application and If I take again NCS then I have to pay 50£ and 20£ for Biometric again. If you calculate the amount its 1452£ and still I have to wait for at least 6 months as I received the refusal letter after 11 months of my application. And if I go for reconsideration then its fee is 272£.

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:24 pm

Krish19 wrote:i feel sorry for you and also you are going through all this because of caseworker talk to up. why don't you take b1 test and apply as afresh application. this is only because reconsideration applications are taking really longer. just don't go by my word, this is just my idea only.

One more thing Krish can you plesae share what did you send with your NR form. did you provide some documents as an evidence or just you have mentioned the reasons?

Krish19
Mood:
India

Post by Krish19 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:12 pm

as i said i'm still waiting for my decision. i only sent my english medium certificate from university.

leavetoremain

Post by leavetoremain » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:06 pm

Krish19 wrote:as i said i'm still waiting for my decision. i only sent my english medium certificate from university.
Sounds like a major cluster**** by the case worker. Hope they get it right this time.

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Sun May 08, 2016 12:01 am

[quote="saqibr1"]I have an other question Can I use my expired Ielts academic result which I never used for Immigration purposes? Any suggestion

Raza.[/quote]

i have obtained ilr in march 2015 and i used my IELTS certificate which i used for getting tier -1 visa , tier-1 visa extension and ILR. i gave melts in 2009 or 2008. it worked. i wonder why you didn't use it . i have also applied fir citizenship using that same certificate through NCS in march 2016. i am awaiting approval

now the only issue for you might be that since you didn't use it to get visa or ilr , you might not be able to use it because a clause in ilr guidance says something like "expired ielts will be acceptable if used to obtain entry / extension previously . "

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:02 am

theimmigrant wrote:
saqibr1 wrote:I have an other question Can I use my expired Ielts academic result which I never used for Immigration purposes? Any suggestion

Raza.
i have obtained ilr in march 2015 and i used my IELTS certificate which i used for getting tier -1 visa , tier-1 visa extension and ILR. i gave melts in 2009 or 2008. it worked. i wonder why you didn't use it . i have also applied fir citizenship using that same certificate through NCS in march 2016. i am awaiting approval

now the only issue for you might be that since you didn't use it to get visa or ilr , you might not be able to use it because a clause in ilr guidance says something like "expired ielts will be acceptable if used to obtain entry / extension previously . "
Thanks for your valuable comment and information provided. I did not use my Ielts previously because my all the visas were guaranteed with SOC and letter from university which was fulfilling the requirement. And this time they over looked the same evidence I have provided. So going for NR

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:03 am

Krish19 wrote:as i said i'm still waiting for my decision. i only sent my english medium certificate from university.
Hi Krish any updates on your application?

Krish19
Mood:
India

Post by Krish19 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:18 am

not yet.

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:05 pm

Krish19 wrote:not yet.
Hi Krish any updates?

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:38 pm

Hi saqbir,

Did you send your "Degree Certificate" along with Naric SOC and university letter with your AN application?

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:14 pm

sshah20 wrote:Hi saqbir,

Did you send your "Degree Certificate" along with Naric SOC and university letter with your AN application?
Yes Shah i did.

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:18 am

Thanks to God I have secured my case and now got my British citizen certificate as well. Actually the issue was at case worker's end who did not pay attention to the rule I followed. HO reopened my case on my NR application and admit the mistake and grant me the permission to get my citizenship. Which I did on last Thursday. Yuppieee...

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:34 am

What a wonderful way to start new year.

To err is human, to forgive divine.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:50 am

Thanks Noajthan. Yes indeed...

But there is another situation which I am trying to deal with. Actually now in next few weeks my wife's visa is expiring. And she is currently on FLR(M). I have to apply for her visa extension to complete 5 year rout.

Now the issue is after getting my British citizenship certificate. I have to send my BRP for my ILR back to Home Office. And for my wife's FLR(M) Application I have to send a proof of my settlement or I am a british citizen. And yet I did not apply for my British passport. Now I am confused what to send as an evidance. I do have my country passport, and BRP but I have to send my BRP. Any suggestion or help will be highly appreciate.

Raza.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:42 pm

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.