ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP has not arrive - need to travel. Please help!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Eve_s
Newly Registered

BRP has not arrive - need to travel. Please help!

Post by Eve_s » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:51 am

Hi all,

I applied for my visa outside UK and my BRP should be delivered to the Post Office on 18/04/2016. There is still no sign of it. All they say is that there is a huge delay in BRP issuance at Home Office and 6000 BRP's are affected. Maybe on this forum there is a person who is also from these 6000 affected? Could you please write if you have already collected your brp ?

I also have a booked flight from 5/05 to 8/05 (30-days vignette expires on 11/05, so I will re-enter on 8/05 UK with my vignette will be still valid). Can I re-enter UK with my wignette and what procedure should I expect on the border (Gatwick airport)?

Thank you!

mfasil
Newly Registered

Re: BRP has not arrive - need to travel. Please help!

Post by mfasil » Sun May 01, 2016 11:36 am

Hi
I have applied for tier-2-general visa from outside the UK and as per the letter along with visa, BRP should be in Swindon post office on April 10, 2016. I have applied along with my wife and son. The post office has received only my son's BRP. I contacted home office and got a generic response "The production of the BRP has been delayed due to a technical issue. This enquiry has been passed to the appropriate team who are aware of this issue and who will contact you in due course."

I cannot open a bank account or rent an apartment until I receive BRP. UK government made BRP one and only identification document and then delaying it without any case to case responses to queries concerning the delay. Most European countries issue 180 day visa on passport.

Please update the forum if you receive BRP

Eve_s
Newly Registered

Post by Eve_s » Tue May 03, 2016 1:54 pm

Hi mfasil.

SAme letter as you man....please see http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 68174.html there is another adress BRPOATECH@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. I will try it.

I agree with you. I have an experience of studying and working in Canada and Germany and never faced such incredible level of bureaucracy and inadecvacy of immigration process. It's a shame for the country to treat immigrants in such a way. I have the same problem with letting a flat, and really don't know where I'm going to live, because hotels require BRP too. All I have is the lovely approval letter saying its "not an evidence of permission to enter or stay in Uk".

I was today at Post Office and there is no sign of my BRP yet. I'm getting really desperate. Tried to call Home Office on 0300 123 2241, reached a human being on button 3, but it was only for applicants from inside UK. They passed me to button 2, which is paid (1.37 pounds per minutes). I paid 12 pounds and all I get is that they will "escalate" my issue, not checking anything in database or provide me with a number of responsible team.

Please update if you get the BRP or any related news. Hope we will survive this and better not on the street. Cheers

Eve_s
Newly Registered

Post by Eve_s » Thu May 12, 2016 1:29 pm

Hi mfasil.
I have received my BRP this weeks. Hope your also has already arrived. Cheers

exman
India

Post by exman » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi Eve_s
By how many days was your BRP delayed?

mfasil
Newly Registered

Post by mfasil » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:58 pm

Hi
My BRP was delayed by one month. It was supposed to be at Swindon post office on April 10th, however arrived only on 13th May.

exman
India

Post by exman » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:35 pm

Okay, thanks for letting me know!
Mine was supposed to arrive by 15/6 but both me and my lawyers are trying to check with the home office. No updates yet.