ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work permit entry clearance

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anjali_27
Newly Registered

work permit entry clearance

Post by anjali_27 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:56 pm

hi
i am from mauritius and got my wrk permit approved in london

the time i applied for it, i was working for another company and now I am working with another company

in the entry clearance form, it mentions the current employer with whom I am workng and now I am not sure which company I should state as current, the current or previous one?

can sombody advise me plz?

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:50 am

Well technicaly you can only start working for new employer once you get your FLR, so i would put previous employer
Magsi

anjali_27
Newly Registered

Post by anjali_27 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:33 am

thanks for the answer, the problem is that the previous company is closed down

Markie

Post by Markie » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:42 pm

You are now in another company right? When you transferred to this new company...did you or your employer apply for a work permit switch? It happens when a worker transfer from company to another...
anjali_27 wrote:thanks for the answer, the problem is that the previous company is closed down

anjali_27
Newly Registered

Post by anjali_27 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:45 am

hi
no, there was no work permit switch

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:31 pm

Hello

If the employer named on the work permit is the one that has closed down and you are not going to work for them, you should not be applying for entry clearance to work for them.

You would need to get a new work permit to apply for entry clearance in this situation, or come to the UK by some other route such as HSMP.

If this is not the situation, please give more details such as the question number(s) on the form.

Markie

Post by Markie » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:56 am

anjali_27 wrote:hi
no, there was no work permit switch
If the WP you have is still based on the original company that hired you and it has now closed shop then I guess...the next company you now employed should have requested for a change in WP before they have accepted you in the beginning.

A WP based on a closed company would result I guess to curtailment of your leave because the company you've supposed to work with is no longer available/existing...

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:20 pm

The new company must make a new work permit application for you, and you cannot seek to enter the UK based ont he old work permit, as it is no longer valid.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!