ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child First British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nagra
Newly Registered

Child First British Passport

Post by Nagra » Sun May 01, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi all,
I need some advice on applying for First British passport for my daughter. She is born In 2015 in uk. We applied for her Indian passport ( at that time we were on Tier 1 Visa) as we were planning to go to India by end of the year but postposed it. She haven't applying for any visa on her Indian passport.

We got our ILR in 2016. So my questions are:

Can we apply for her British passport nor or she have to wait for 1 year as we have to, for applying the passport?
And what is the process of doing it? (like do we have to apply for her naturalisation or passport surrender as well?)

Thank you

vinny

Re: Child First British Passport

Post by vinny » Sun May 01, 2016 2:04 pm

If neither parents were settled nor British when she was born, then she is not automatically British.

However, she is now entitled to register for British citizenship.

After being granted registration, she may apply for a British passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Nagra
Newly Registered

Post by Nagra » Wed May 04, 2016 3:39 pm

Thank you for the reply.

Does she have to apply for ILR or uk visa as well before registration? Because there is a section in which you have to fill in the settlement(ILR) date for child as well as well parents?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:12 pm

Nagra wrote:Does she have to apply for ILR or uk visa as well before registration? No

Because there is a section in which you have to fill in the settlement(ILR) date for child as well as well parents? Leave blank for child, it is not relevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.