ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling while waiting for EEA(PR) decision

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKBoro
Newly Registered

Traveling while waiting for EEA(PR) decision

Post by UKBoro » Sun May 01, 2016 3:36 pm

Greetings :)

I've been living in the UK for the last 11 years as a EU national (arrived in 2005), for the last 11 years I have been primarily studying and recently working as a software engineer. I decided to finally start the naturalisation process and I applied for a document stating permanent residence using EEA(PR) form. Current timeline:

Application sent: 13/03/2016
Application received: 15/03/2016
Payment taken: 18/03/2016
Confirmation email received: 05/04/2016

What I wanted to ask is this - technically they can take up to 6 months to respond so that would be up to 05/10/2016 (October), and I have been planning to travel abroad for few weeks in late July. Since I sent in my passport (and I don't have a national ID card) I contacted HO to request my passport back, I was directed to an online form which I filled in to have my documents returned. However on the last page it has said that Home Office reserves a right to decline my application if I decide to travel on the document while they are considering my application? Also it said that requesting documents back may delay my application? So I just wanted to ask if this is really the case, what should I do and when can I expect a decision from them?

All my best,
Bart :wink:

LilyLalilu

Re: Traveling while waiting for EEA(PR) decision

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun May 01, 2016 3:41 pm

Of course you can travel as long as you have a valid travel document, would be a bit ridiculous to expect people not to leave the UK for 6 months. Also, they wouldn't know you are travelling on the document as they do not usually save travel data for EEA nationals.
I'm sure you'll hear back within 8-10 weeks if your application is not overly complicated and they do not get even busier than they already are atm with the upcoming referendum.
Don't think the fact that you requested your docs back will slow down your application either, a lot of people do this and it wasn't an issue for most. Surely just a generic phrase they put in their emails to cover their backs in case of delays...
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

mr twelvetrees
Newly Registered

Re: Traveling while waiting for EEA(PR) decision

Post by mr twelvetrees » Wed May 04, 2016 9:26 am

UKBoro wrote:Greetings :)

I've been living in the UK for the last 11 years as a EU national (arrived in 2005)

All my best,
Bart :wink:
For EU (EEA) nationals the PR application usually takes 6-8 weeks, your mileage may vary but late July should be fine for you.
Check this thread for timeline examples, I didn't see anyone there who waited for months:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 99775.html