ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode timelines from Pakistan

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chosenaik

Right of Abode timelines from Pakistan

Post by chosenaik » Mon May 02, 2016 6:45 am

Hello, I have applied for my child's Right of Abode visa from Karachi, Pakistan on 18th April. I have not heard anything from UKBA since. I was told it can take upto 30 workings days and am checking if anyone whom is also currently waiting or has recently applied and received a response could please share their timelines. Thank you very much.

Jay2015
Newly Registered

Re: Right of Abode timelines from Pakistan

Post by Jay2015 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:46 pm

Yes I applied on 01/04/2016 for my sons ROA from islamabad/Pakistan and alhamdulillah i collected my sons passport with CEO today. Recieved the email on 03/05/2016 for collection. It did help when i was regurlarly asking about my sons application. I highly recomend to send email to
https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/.

This is the uk visa international help service. They can track your childs application. I used this service for my wifes spouse visa and now for my sons application to. I first emailed them 2 weeks ago and they stated that my application was processed. Normally we recieve the application after 3 or 4 days of processing. But no email or call. So i kept emailimg them until after 2 weeks theu escalated the case and then i recieved an email stating they only made a decision on 26/04/2016.

So im not sure why they gave me false information. But its best to use this service. It is highly recomended.

Jay2015
Newly Registered

Post by Jay2015 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:04 pm

Please also note that the uk visa international service reply within 1 day and their phone service was recently down. But the email service is very efficient.

I am posting my document checklist. I hope this helps. I applied for my 2 month old son, theirfore some documents may not be applicable for others.

Certificate of entitlement to right of abode documents checklist.

Cover letter. (Lynx posted a letter template i used that one)

Naturalisation certificate

Father passport copies (British)

Wifes passport copies.(Pakistani)

Wifes Visa approved letter copy (not recomended)

Wifes biometric copy (not recomended)

Babys birth certificate

Hospital main bills (its best to provide all the hospital documents prior to birth)

Nadra birth certificate

Nadra family registration certificate

Nadra Bay Form (I got this translated. But you dont have to)

3 months bank statments ( to show i had funds for travel)

Utility Bills (UK)

Housing report (UK)

Land Registery (UK)

Sons Passport

Nikkah nama

Marriage certificate

Photos of parents with child

TB TEST

Timeline
Submitted: 01/04/2016
Collection email: 03/05/2016
Phone call: 04/05/2016
Collection with ROA approved : 04/05/2016

Please note of you are collecting for a child, you must take a photocopy of the bay form.

Addy135
Newly Registered

Post by Addy135 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:49 am

Hi,

URGENT!!!!!! Please could you let me know where do i need to submit my documents for ROA/Certificate of entitlement. Is it in VFS office in Pakistan or do I post them somwhere in UK.

Jay2015
Newly Registered

Post by Jay2015 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Hello Andy135. You will need to submit the documents at the gerrys office. That is where my wife submitted our sons documents. Remember you will need a tb test for the baby. Otherwise they will not accept the documents. And if you filled your application succesfully they you would have paid online. We had a agent opposite the gerrys office in islamabad who filled the application and submitted it. Then we took the printout of the application for and other documents and submitted them.

Addy135
Newly Registered

Post by Addy135 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:04 pm

Thank you very much Jay2015