ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - English Reqt

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hamzah
Newly Registered

FLR(M) - English Reqt

Post by Hamzah » Tue May 03, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been answered in another thread. My wife is here on a UK Spouse Visa (initial entry clearance) which will expire on 02/09/16. We aim to apply for FLR(M) in August. My question is regarding the English requirement. When we applied for the UK Spouse Visa my wife had done a TOEFL test which was sufficient to meet the requirement, however , since she has been in the UK she has obtained an MSC from the University of Hertfordshire in a course taught in English and has the transcript and certificate which says so. Will this evidence be sufficient to meet the English requirement for the FLR(M)?

Thanks in advance!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) - English Reqt

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 03, 2016 2:05 pm

Hamzah wrote:since she has been in the UK she has obtained an MSC from the University of Hertfordshire in a course taught in English and has the transcript and certificate which says so. Will this evidence be sufficient to meet the English requirement for the FLR(M)?
Yes. Include degree certificate with the application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

NomiKaay
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) - English Reqt

Post by NomiKaay » Tue May 03, 2016 6:05 pm

Hamzah wrote:Hi,

Apologies if this has already been answered in another thread. My wife is here on a UK Spouse Visa (initial entry clearance) which will expire on 02/09/16. We aim to apply for FLR(M) in August. My question is regarding the English requirement. When we applied for the UK Spouse Visa my wife had done a TOEFL test which was sufficient to meet the requirement, however , since she has been in the UK she has obtained an MSC from the University of Hertfordshire in a course taught in English and has the transcript and certificate which says so. Will this evidence be sufficient to meet the English requirement for the FLR(M)?

Thanks in advance!
I successfully revived a visa about a month ago with similar English requirements. I had an IELTS certificate - 2013 to 2015 - which I used for my previous FLR M application. Since then, I have competed a degree from British university. I submitted my expired IELTS certificate as well as sent my degree along just to reiterate my English capabilities. The result is obvious!