ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reg child benefit and Marraige allowance

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

phanidhar6039

Reg child benefit and Marraige allowance

Post by phanidhar6039 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi,

Recently i got my ILR and my wife and kid got PBS dependent visa. I have multiple queries

1. Can i claim child benefit now for my kid as i am on ILR and will be eligible for citizenship nxt yr as i read somewhere people on ILR cam claim it without affecting dependent visas.

2. Can my wife apply for marriage allowance as she get income below 11k and this doesnt come under public funds right?

Any information will be great.

Thanks,
P

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Reg child benefit and Marraige allowance

Post by CR001 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:48 pm

1. Yes, Child benefit in your name only. If you claim child tax credits it MUST be claimed in JOINT names with your spouse.

2. Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

phanidhar6039

Re: Reg child benefit and Marraige allowance

Post by phanidhar6039 » Tue May 03, 2016 3:40 pm

CR001 wrote:1. Yes, Child benefit in your name only. If you claim child tax credits it MUST be claimed in JOINT names with your spouse.

2. Yes.

Thanks for the reply CR001.

I am planning to apply for child benefit only and i had a look at the application where they are asking for both parents details.

There was this question
"Are you subject to immigration control now, or have you
been at any time in the last 6 months?"

Do we need to say YES and send our BRP card for both parents?

Thanks,
P