ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to ILR query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

roy_rajat

HSMP to ILR query

Post by roy_rajat » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:45 am

Hi I was wondering if anyone would have faced this situation. Essentially i am under HSMP right now and my 5 year period for ILR will be in Feb 2009 (Combined WP + HSMP). My HSMP visa is stamped till Aug 2009. I am about to change my job in the new year. However, it seems like that i might have a one-two months of gap between my present job and my new job. More specifically, my present job finishes in Jan and my new job could start in March. However, I would not be away from UK in this period. Now my question is would this be of apparent problem when i apply for ILR in Jan 2009 (i.e completion of 4 yrs 11 months of my stay in UK)
thanks
rajat

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:22 am

Hi Rajat,
My feeling is that it will not hamper you ILR application. All you should ensure is that you are in Job for atleast 6 months prior to the application.
Jan 2008 - Mar 2008 shouldn't be a problme

Others can comment
Cheers
PG